Painting and LED Lighting a 970WF3OC

Matresyoyo

I bought and built my own PC this past month and I got the Gigabyte 970 Windforce edition GPU. I wish I had spent the $10 more to get the Gaming-G1 now because of the higher clocks, backplate, and LED lighting but since Gigabyte doesn't have a step up program, I just plan on plastidipping the black plastic shroud in red.

There is also an open 2 pin slot for the LEDs that I want to add, but I dont know if it needs special voltage LEDs or what, much less how I could make the logo glow from them.

Any help on how to rice out my G1-wannabe card would be helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Also if there is any way to have all the case lights, nzxt led strip and h440 stock lights, change brightness with the nvidia LED panel settings.

I don't know if I would have to create cable that connects a lead from the gpu led to case leds or something.

PlastiDip does not give a clean and smooth surface, would just look strange in red with PlastiDip rubbery surface.

But, also depends what you like and expect :)

I would suggest regular spray paint, like Krylon.

I´m HP, the Bitfenix community rep. on LTT - Answering your questions about our products and hanging around in the forums!
Feel free to ask questions in the forums - Personal support issues/RMA -> support.bitfenix.com

Now, I've seen some modifications done before on Nividia graphics cards, but i think i remember some taking off much of the current schemes with a sponge sander. Be careful when you do this as to not sand through the plastic. Often they take off the green Nividia GTX stamp on it that is already illuminated and doing so yields quite a bit of light coming from the card comparatively. Personally I would try that and see what you think prior to attempting an LED install.

Also, I Welcome both of the posters above to the forums :)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Thanks, the more stuff I see about the G1 edition, metal shroud, dual bios, back plate, LED. The more I wish I researched more and spent the extra $10.

I would use regular paint, I'm just worried about sanding down plastic since it can get screwed up pretty easily.

My card's Windforce logo is not transparent whatsoever so I'd either have to dremel the logo out and ditch it or ditch the nicer lighting. Unless they sell G1 shrouds as a standalone item, that would be awesome.

If the card doesn't have a place for light to shine through, I'd suggest just lighting it from outside the card. If you know how to solder, custom led setups can be pretty easy, but fitting them inside a card where they will look good when the card wasn't meant to be lit up is a bit harder.

Makin' and breakin' wafers.

Would that be just getting wire, a connector and a bunch of leds and just kind of saudering them together and sticking them in there.

things like making a series of LED on a strip and such