Time and date on dual monitors - Windows 8

nugnug93

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get the time and date on more than the primary monitor toolbar. The extended toolbar is a good feature of Windows 8, but for me it would be made better with the addition of the time and date going to all monitors. Is there any settings that I'm missing or is there any third party software that will do the trick?

i7-3770K | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | 8GB 1333Mhz | MSI GTX 780 | Bitfenix Shinobi | 60GB SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD + 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W | H80i

if they still have the widgets you could use that

No, gadgets were removed with Win 8. Plus, I'd then need to have all my windows closed on the second screen to be able to view the time. I just want it on the task bar so I can always see the time on both screens.

i7-3770K | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | 8GB 1333Mhz | MSI GTX 780 | Bitfenix Shinobi | 60GB SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD + 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W | H80i

if you want gadgets you just need to install the gadget files. Link to instructions here.

How ever if you right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution, Click on the Screen you want to have the time (you want to be your main display) and tick the box that says make this my main display and click apply/ok (what ever floats your boat) and the time should move to that screen. However this will be the screen that your start screen defaults to on boot and when you press the windows key.

for all monitors there is no setting so I would just use gadgets

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I use (Actual Multiple Monitors) www.actualtools.com

Really like it take a look it puts a task bar on both screens and you can have different wallpaper on your screens and loads of other stuff like that (good)

My Rig

Thermaltake Level 10GT

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Geforce GTX 690

i7 3960x Extreme

240gb Kingston SSD

3tb SATAIII X3

Corsair HX1050

Thanks for all the responses guys, will check out Actual Multiple Monitors.. if not I will just get gadgets :)

I'm currently using Display Fusion and absolutely love it. The amount of options and customizations are great. I can stand by what is offered with it and if all you want is to have a start menu on each monitor displaying the time you can do that.

Beyond that you can set up where programs open to (which monitor and exact location), hot keys for moving windows between monitors, lock the mouse to certain windows or certain monitors to prevent accidental program focus changes.

It's definitely worth checking out, watch their feature video for some quick examples of what can be done.

http://www.displayfusion.com/

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

you can use displayfusion to do some cool stuff with the taskbar, including having a taskbar on each monitor (not just stretched.) personally i use gadgets and rainmeter. rainmeter is super easy to use and there are tons of skins and themes and plenty of clocks to put anywhere on your desktop.

ohh i missed RuecanOnRails comment about displayfusion. but yea its great. give it a try.