GPU Difference

shekark

I have GTX 780ti... need to understand which one is the best currently and what is the difference between 780TI with 980 and Titan Z

Go for a titan z if you'd love to waste your hard earned cash

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Yeah, you won't get much difference upgrading from your card, unless you want HDMI 2, or DX11.2 or lower power consumption.

Titan Z: 2 Titan cores on a single PCB. Triple width, 12GB of VRAM (6gb effective).

980: A single GM204 Core on a single PCB. Various sizes. 4GB of VRAM (8GB models rumored).

780Ti: A single GK110 Core on a single PCB. Various sizes. Various VRAM amounts.

Performance Wise:

Titan Z > GTX 980 > 780Ti

Price/Performance Wise (GTX 980 @ $500, 780ti @ $400 (roughly), and the Titan Z @ $3,000 however it is on sale for very cheap from most retailers.):

GTX 980 > 780 Ti > Titan Z.

If you want an upgrade, go with another 780Ti.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

you realy are better off just getting another 780 ti. c:

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

thanks all of you for your valuable feedback... definitely I will go with another 780ti and have it a SLI configured....

thanks all of you for your valuable feedback... definitely I will go with another 780ti and have it a SLI configured....

^~^ you're welcome! come back anytime if you need more help, or you just feel like being a regular member of our forums. :D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Before I go with SLI just last question I am thinking of changing my MB from Sabertooth Z87 to something better with latest MB which supports DDR4.... please recommend which one I can go with also want to change my Processor which will suite for the same specs...

Probably not a good time to switch to DDR4 as it's still really expensive and not worth the premium, depending on what you're using it for of course.