Swiftech H240-X Pump Problems?

Hi everyone!

About a month ago I purchased a Swiftech H240-X. It has been working well, up until yesterday.

I went to boot up my computer and it overheated after a minute and shut down. Curious why, I went poking around, and I found that the pump was not moving any water.

Not knowing what to do, I cleared the CMOS, unplugged the computer, and left it overnight.

In the morning, I powered it on, and everything seems in working order again. The pump is once again moving water. No unusual noises coming from the pump, no unusual vibrations, no nothing.

Is my pump failing, and do I need to return the device, or is there something simple that I'm just missing?

Thanks!

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

depending on where the pump power is tapped from (more than likely the PWM splitter)

the possibility would be that the actual socket the pump is plugged into may be loose

or faulty. intermittent issues are usually based on power delivery. also if a fan curve

selected is too low (50% or lower) to have the system to start can hamper the pump.

depending on where the pump power is tapped from (more than likely the PWM splitter)

the possibility would be that the actual socket the pump is plugged into may be loose

or faulty. intermittent issues are usually based on power delivery. also if a fan curve

selected is too low (50% or lower) to have the system to start can hamper the pump.

I am not using any kind of splitter: the pump is connected directly into the motherboard CPU fan header. I've checked all the connections, unplugged everything, plugged it back in, and everything seems okay.

The thing that confuses me though, is how did it start working overnight, without anyone or anything touching or moving it? 

I am not using any kind of splitter: the pump is connected directly into the motherboard CPU fan header. I've checked all the connections, unplugged everything, plugged it back in, and everything seems okay.

The thing that confuses me though, is how did it start working overnight, without anyone or anything touching or moving it? 

wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the support team at swiftech if they'd know if any

issues to look towards. if it happens again, and damage is incurred, they are

not liable for the repairs, just replacement of the swiftech part(s). plus if you

do notify them, and it is a constant issue, then there is a paper trail on the issue(s).

wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the support team at swiftech if they'd know if any

issues to look towards. if it happens again, and damage is incurred, they are

not liable for the repairs, just replacement of the swiftech part(s). plus if you

do notify them, and it is a constant issue, then there is a paper trail on the issue(s).

Alright, I emailed Swiftech support. Thanks for the help!