Motherboard Help

Deadkity

Hello,

What motherboard do you suggest I should pair with a 4670k and a GTX 970

Thanks

Just make sure to buy a Z97 motherboard (or Z87) that you are able to make use of the unlocked CPU in terms of OCing. And if you want to SLI that GTX970 later down the road please make sure to buy a mainboard that supports SLI :) .

Other than that have fun with the awesome performance :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Hello,

What motherboard do you suggest I should pair with a 4670k and a GTX 970

Thanks

I, personally, like the ASUS Hero VII Ranger/Hero Z97 boards. They're around $175, they offer a ton of specs, and have superb SLI support. If you can't go that high, I'd recommend a Gigabyte or ASUS Z97 or Z87 board. This being because the Z97/87 boards allow for the overclocking of your K-series CPU and Gigabyte/ASUS are the only manufacturers that I use for boards (b/c of customer service, quality, etc.).

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Buy any cheap Z97 board. All does the same thing! But not all! (eh!)

Asus/Gigabyte/MSI motherboards are very good!

Buy a mobo with SLI support, because you may add sli with your current GPU!

MSI Z97S SLI PLUS - $129 USD

GigaByte Z97X SLI - $116 USD

ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - $124 USD

All prices shown here from PCPP.

I just listed some of budget kinda Z97 boards. They really does the job :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Cheers for the help so far, probably gonna go for the Gigabyte Z97X SLI. PCPP says the total wattage is 328W. Is this the max or what? Would a 450W PSU do the trick?

Cheers for the help so far, probably gonna go for the Gigabyte Z97X SLI. PCPP says the total wattage is 328W. Is this the max or what? Would a 450W PSU do the trick?

450W PSU would be pushing it since PSU's are not 100% efficient. Go with a decent 500W PSU. That will give you room for overclocking and will run cooler, quiter and will be more efficient. I recently bought the Thermaltake Smart SE 530W for around $55. Depending on your budget choose a PSU around 500W, and if it has a 80+ certification that's even better.

The Thermaltake isn't available on UK Part Picker so how about the Corsair CX500, Linus seems to like Corsair PSU's