Wifi Solution

asimrc

Hi Guys

So confused with all the wireless routers out there. Can anyone recommend any i have a budget of $200,

requirements for a 4 bedroom single story house.

2 Laptops

1 PC

4 Smart Phones

The above are connected most of the day and especially at peak times between 6pm-9pm.

Depends on if you have cable internet or DSL internet. 

Who's your Internet Service Provider?

for 200 dollars, if you don't care about the looks get some linksys router thats simultaneous dualband.

if you want looks and something that works get the Apple Airport Extreme. It's simultaneous dualband and it's actually pretty powerful.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I use the ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N 600 Router, it works great, I have it hooked up to a 8 port switch running nonstop with at least 3 wifi devices at all times, no problems what so ever. The look of the router is great and the UI is simple and easy to setup, best part i got it at a black friday sale for $30!

hi guys i have adsl 2 from tpg

im from sydney australia btw

I would recommend getting the ASUS N66u.

Its one of the fastest wireless routers on the market, has all the needed features (and some that you don't need) and (in my experiance) has one of the best range.

ASUS also has good CS (personal experience).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I use the ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N 600 Router, it works great, I have it hooked up to a 8 port switch running nonstop with at least 3 wifi devices at all times, no problems what so ever. The look of the router is great and the UI is simple and easy to setup, best part i got it at a black friday sale for $30!

The RT-N56U from ASUS is no slouch. The electronics store I work at runs about 5 desktops, 5 All In Ones, 30 laptops, 4 iPads, 6 Macbooks, and 12 Tablets off of it for a whopping total of 62 STORE DEVICES. This does not include the 5~10 computers we work on in the Tech Center, plus employee's phones. So on a slow day we'd have minimum 70 devices connected, and upwards of 120 on a busy day. (Yes, we do use AP Isolation mode to separate our own phones from the public facing store WiFi, and a Juniper Networks firewall switch panel to separate and protect customer's repair work computers from the public)

Definitely not your everyday real-work scenario, and we do not expect to pull even 10Mb bandwidth over a network that bogged down running from one router, but it does the job well and covers well over 150ft, including to our lunchroom through 2 warehouse racks and 3 walls. Moral of this story: ASUS RT-N56U is an excellent midranged router for what your particular situation is @asimrc if you don't want to spend your full budget. If you want a router prepared for AC wifi, then definitely go with @Blade of Grass 's suggestion and get the RT-AC66U as it's one of the highest rated routers on the market.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32090-asus-rt-ac66u-wireless-retest

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 4 months later...

GET WLAN AC!!! Even if you don't need it yet. Its future proof! I am using an ASUS RT ac66U - a beast of an router!