can someone explain this to me? these processors kinda confuse me

Daniel91

whats the budget of the build?

I got the i5 4460 here and it a great CPU for everyday use and def good for gaming of course

i3 if the general use is just basic web surfing/video watching

I got the parts from Video Pro and the cost of the system is only 778SGD without the GPU

i5 4460

MSI H97M-G43

8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GBx2

WD 1TB Blue

CoolerMaster N400

CoolerMaster V550 Gold PSU

this is a build for a pri 3 student his dad wants him to do comprehension and math revisions on the pc, he also requested that he'd be able to play his BF 2 and some mmorpg games like SMITE

and his budget is about SGD$800 I got him a sapphire R9 270 $199.00 (xmas sale)so he's got a budget of around $600

I havent used a i3 so not too sure of it's performance so I'm stuck with a headache of i5 4460or i3 4150 diffrence of $25.00

this is a build for a pri 3 student his dad wants him to do comprehension and math revisions on the pc, he also requested that he'd be able to play his BF 2 and some mmorpg games like SMITE

and his budget is about SGD$800 I got him a sapphire R9 270 $199.00 (xmas sale)so he's got a budget of around $600

I havent used a i3 so not too sure of it's performance so I'm stuck with a headache of i5 4460or i3 4150 diffrence of $25.00

The i5 4460 is a way better processor, especially for such a small difference in price.

25$ is WELL worth it mate.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

still significantly improves performance.

its a 10-15% increase in tasks that are HEAVILY multithreaded, such as renderign. not something id call significant, but definitively nice to have

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

its a 10-15% increase in tasks that are HEAVILY multithreaded, such as renderign. not something id call significant, but definitively nice to have

you're funny...benchmarks across the internet demonstrate a good 30 to 35% imporvement in such scenarios..but okay!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7003/the-haswell-review-intel-core-i74770k-i54560k-tested/6

36% there

Capture.jpg

29.9% there

Capture2.jpg

32.7% there

Capture3.jpg

41.9% there...

Capture4.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

you're funny...benchmarks across the internet demonstrate a good 30 to 35% imporvement in such scenarios..but okay!

ive tested it out of curiosity with both a 4770k and a 5820k. the 6 core had a 15% boost, the 4core had a 10% boost. i got those numbers. now please show me the benchmarks that say that :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

ive tested it out of curiosity with both a 4770k and a 5820k. the 6 core had a 15% boost, the 4core had a 10% boost. i got those numbers. now please show me the benchmarks that say that :)

edited previous post already ;)

the results of the i5 being at a 2.9% lower clockspeed you can take 2.9% out of those difference of course...but it's sill a little more than 30% improvement...and the test that i've done myself are directly in line with those results as well.

...and the test done by the other LTT forum members confirm this just look at the cinebench results from the pinned thread about this..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=5

example:

Capture.jpg

VS

Capture2.jpg

34.4% difference in multi-threaded video rendering...this is cinebench R15 results posted by LTT forum members.

edited previous post already ;)

the results of the i5 being at a 2.9% lower clockspeed you can take 2.9% out of those difference of course...but it's sill a little more than 30% improvement...and the test that i've done myself are directly in line with those results as well.

...and the test done by the other LTT forum members confirm this just look at the cinebench results from the pinned thread about this..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=5

example:

VS

34.4% difference in multi-threaded video rendering...this is cinebench R15 results posted by LTT forum members.

hmmm... interesting. ill have to check my results and rerun the tests... :) thanks for correcting me