the Designer PC

Hi . I would like  some advise... Currently i am rebuilding my PC to have a beast machine.
I have posted a list of item to witch i wanted to update but i re considered to what i want to update to the options for motherboard and CPU are

A.ASUS Maximus V Formula Socket and an Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge

B.ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme and Intel Core i7-4770K

i know thet the option B .. will be more of a pricy build:)

Considering that it is a long term Build .. i want Quality parts and to have a reliable system and future proof for at least 3-4 years.

A bit about the things i am doing on my pc.. hope that this will be helpful for you to understand why i want to build a similar machine 

I am working as a designer and i use a lot Photoshop and Cinema 4d to create my artwork. and when i have spear time i game also.

like wise i enjoy to tinker around whit  the settings to get better performance.

thank you in advance!

best regards Gabriel.

I think I would go with the new platform, but I might look around for some of the other motherboards. I think some of the deluxe or workstation boards has more features usefull to you from a productive standpoint. But I havent read enough about the new chipset or boards to say for certain though. But I think it would be worth it to you to have a look at. :)

If you are into watercooling, then the new maximus VI formula has g1/4 threads for watercooling fittings, which I think is cool.

oh, and I hope you know that there is no such thing as future proofing a pc, especially when you say 3-4 years, thats a long time. I know what you mean by it though, but as I said, 3-4 years is a long time in this business!

(Comming soon)

Have you considered LGA2011 for your build since your primary use is Photoshop and 3D modelling? Something like a 3930K (or depending on when you want to get this system up and running, Ivy Bridge-E or even Haswell-E) would be quite a lot better than a 3770K/4770K.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Wait a lil more, I'm building a new pc as well and I decided to wait. New intel's x99 chipset and Haswell-E comes out very soon as well as GTX 760 Ti. 

Finishing up my build...

@nishank93 yes i have considered but then i will have to by @ least an i7 extreme ... :rolleyes: :lol: :D :P  so that is outside my expense 

@S1L3nT .. u am waiting to here from you when your system setup.

i posted my Build blog link if anyone wants to check it out. :rolleyes:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21920-nox-hummer-thedesignerninjapc/#entry272949 :ph34r:

Have you considered LGA2011 for your build since your primary use is Photoshop and 3D modelling? Something like a 3930K (or depending on when you want to get this system up and running, Ivy Bridge-E or even Haswell-E) would be quite a lot better than a 3770K/4770K.

i7-3770k or 4770k is enough for photo editing, LGA2011 will be overkill for what he want. 

Wait a lil more, I'm building a new pc as well and I decided to wait. New intel's x99 chipset and Haswell-E comes out very soon as well as GTX 760 Ti. 

You'll be waiting for a LONG time. Ivy Bridge-E is expected soon. Haswell-E is due for late 2014!

i7-3770k or 4770k is enough for photo editing, LGA2011 will be overkill for what he want. 

I suggested it for the Cinema 4D use, which is a 3D modelling application, and will definitely benefit from LGA2011. Regardless, he said he can't afford it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

You'll be waiting for a LONG time. Ivy Bridge-E is expected soon. Haswell-E is due for late 2014!

I suggested it for the Cinema 4D use, which is a 3D modelling application, and will definitely benefit from LGA2011. Regardless, he said he can't afford it.

Haswell-E is expected for Q3 or Q4 2014.

I think with a 4770k he will be satisfied.

Hmm, what's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

my budget i somewhere like 2000-2200$ USD maximum.. yes i have considered LGA 2011 and i am still thinking on it cause i would have 64Gb instead of 32Gb .. but i don't know what is the future of that socket.. and LGA2011 prices in Romania are high...

and considering that is a long term build anything could happen :rolleyes: 

i thin that the  ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme and Intel Core i7-4770K with a decent overclock could hit a LGA 2011 performance...

:wacko:  :blink:  some times is tough to make a choice and possibly the best one :rolleyes:  

my budget i somewhere like 2000-2200$ USD maximum.. yes i have considered LGA 2011 and i am still thinking on it cause i would have 64Gb instead of 32Gb .. but i don't know what is the future of that socket.. and LGA2011 prices in Romania are high...

and considering that is a long term build anything could happen :rolleyes:

i thin that the  ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme and Intel Core i7-4770K with a decent overclock could hit a LGA 2011 performance...

:wacko:  :blink:  some times is tough to make a choice and possibly the best one :rolleyes:  

I think that the Maximus VI Extreme is a waste of money but its a nice  overclocker mobo but i think that the EXTREME version is about 3-way Graphics card configuration also and more than 2-way with that CPU does not scale well, i rather go with the Maximus VI Hero 

I think that the Maximus VI Extreme is a waste of money but its a nice  overclocker mobo but i think that the EXTREME version is about 3-way Graphics card configuration also and more than 2-way with that CPU does not scale well, i rather go with the Maximus VI Hero 

The thing is That i don't want to make compromise in teams of extensions. I have taken a look at the Maximus VI Hero but its not available yet fro me @my supplier this is why it was left out from my choice.

Thanx for the advice tough 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I have done a lot of thinking and a i have made the choice , so i have re considered  LGA 2011 but the price tag fore a reasonable processor is like i7-3930K costs 730$ (USD) and the motherboard 511$ ASUS Rampage IV Extreme(USD) and i wont have like 4 graphics cards(dough i started bit-coin mining) . Si the option B.  ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme @497$(USD) and Intel Core i7-4770K @ 334$(USD)  is the winning solution for me:) and i will be in budget to by some SSD and a larger storage device. and yeah i get a the cool  OC Panel.

Thank you all for the feedback .. and looking fourth to see you on my build log  @ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21920-nox-hummer-thedesignerninjapc/#entry272949

:lol:  :ph34r:

lga2011 is more expensive, but you really dont have to get the most expensive motherboard for it, something half the price is good.. :) (ok, maybe not half the price, I dont know, but cheaper atleast..)

(Comming soon)

lga2011 is more expensive, but you really dont have to get the most expensive motherboard for it, something half the price is good.. :) (ok, maybe not half the price, I dont know, but cheaper atleast..)

Yeah.... that is true but i say .. if i will buy components i will buy quality components.. don't want to end up whit some surprise like whit my current video card.. or power supply... i don't know yet... but i am having Coil noise from somewhere,

i am suspicious o these cause when i start gaming the noise is poping-up...  and i will be moving to move together whit my GF... and shee dose not like any annoying sound....so i have to have a silent PC...     (sorry if i went a bit off topic)

fair enough, still you dont have to get the most expensive for the best quality..

the big bang m power is a really nice board too from what I know, and its quite a bit cheaper if I remember correctly.. :)

(Comming soon)

fair enough, still you dont have to get the most expensive for the best quality..

the big bang m power is a really nice board too from what I know, and its quite a bit cheaper if I remember correctly.. :)

Yes .. true .. but would like to have something unique whit this build like the Oc panel.. and another factor is that ASUS- includes a lot of fan control options:) and .. the colors will look grate whit my chase Black and white interior. so it will be a Black - white - red 

• 4 months later...

Yes... finally  back  :) .... it may have been a while but.. work work work and more work.. life of a developer/ designer...

re to Winther  you where right with 2011.. @ work i got a new Haswell core i5 4670K and 8GB of RAM but.. fore a work station.. it sux.. so whit the extra work.. some extra income is due ... so i will go for 2011 ... there is no comparison when u have More RAM and have  lot's of processing power! :D  :lol:  :P  :ph34r: 

So verdict is the following

SSD Intel 335 2.5 SATA3 180GB 25nm MLC + Phobya Flex-light install white  Friday (this weekend)

and RAMPAGE IV EXTREME + i7 4820K @ x-mas.. i was a good boy  ^_^  ^_^  :)  ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi .. i'm back .. and have a question for you guys ....

I didn't have time to post on the forum, this due to a tone of work that i had ..

I have decided that i will go for more a workstation build so i will go with a 2011 socket Motherboard (RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION and Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Processor )

i am considering having 2x video cards 770 or 780  and having 64 gigs of ram

i have a corsair H110 cooler waiting for install and have like 4 fans +led strip in the chase.

I was thinking to get a Corsair RM 1000W to power the system but i don't know if it will be enough.

Could you Guys let me know if this will be enough?? Comment freely on this!

thanks! :ph34r:  :D  :)