+120fps gaming

Vitek

So I got a Benq xl2720z,and I freaking love it, but I can only run CS GO at 1080p 120-144fps. Any suggestions on how much I should save up and what parts to get to play Star Citizen, Far Cry 4, Project Cars, DayZ, Arma 3 mods? It's not urgent since I run current games at 60fps, but an upgrade would be nice. (I'd also like to record them at 60fps 1080p.)

May be some of you know more about new upcoming hardware, budget isn't much of a problem I work, and still live with my parents :)

Rumor mill has a potential GTX 980ti release from nvidia in 2 months and it should especially when overclocked it should easily get you 120-160 fps w/ ultra settings in all those games with minimal settings tweaks if your only running at 1080p.  ;) thats assuming the rest of your pc is up to snuff... Overclocked i5 or i7 and 16gb+ of high quality ram, etc...

| CPU: i5-4670K (OC@4.0ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte-GA-Z97X | RAM: G.SKILL-16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: Gigabyte-R9 280X OC Edition | Drives: OCZ-240gb SSD/500gb HDD | PSU: Corsair-CX 750watt 

| Display: QNIX-QX2710 (1440p/OC@116hz) | Keyboard: Func-KB-460 | Mouse: SteelSeries-Sensie RAW | Audio: SteelSeries-9H Headset | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) |

Rumor mill has a potential GTX 980ti release from nvidia in 2 months and it should easily get you 120-144 fps w/ ultra settings in all those games with minimal tweaks if your only running at 1080p.  ;)

On DayZ and Star Citizen? I think you need a supercomputer to run that at 120-144 FPS on the highest settings :P

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

On DayZ and Star Citizen? I think you need a supercomputer to run that at 120-144 FPS on the highest settings :P

980ti sli, hmm...

980ti sli, hmm...

Eh, you'd probs have to play at high settings, not ultra...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Rumor mill has a potential GTX 980ti release from nvidia in 2 months and it should especially when overclocked it should easily get you 120-160 fps w/ ultra settings in all those games with minimal settings tweaks if your only running at 1080p. ;) thats assuming the rest of your pc is up to snuff... Overclocked i5 or i7 and 16gb+ of high quality ram, etc...

Is skylake Intel cpu worth the wait? Since DayZ and Star Citizen aren't coming out in next year.

ok yeah DayZ is poorly optimized and if they fixed that than you should be able to and I dont know anything about star citizen... BUT keep in mind the 980ti is supposed to be the first single gpu go to card for 4k gaming w/o having to sli to get more than 30fps @ ultra... So, if he's only using it at 1080p I think your expectations can shoot pretty high and after a solid overclock on a non-reference card. Yes? No?

| CPU: i5-4670K (OC@4.0ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte-GA-Z97X | RAM: G.SKILL-16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: Gigabyte-R9 280X OC Edition | Drives: OCZ-240gb SSD/500gb HDD | PSU: Corsair-CX 750watt 

| Display: QNIX-QX2710 (1440p/OC@116hz) | Keyboard: Func-KB-460 | Mouse: SteelSeries-Sensie RAW | Audio: SteelSeries-9H Headset | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) |

Eh, you'd probs have to play at high settings, not ultra...

That kinda sucks, to spend so much and still not be able to enjoy it to the fullest, I guess time will show. But I'll try to have $ in my savings account just incase:)

ok yeah DayZ is poorly optimized and if they fixed that than you should be able to and I dont know anything about star citizen... BUT keep in mind the 980ti is supposed to be the first single gpu go to card for 4k gaming w/o having to sli to get more than 30fps... So, if he's only using it at 1080p I think your expectations can shoot pretty high after a solid overclock on a non-reference card. Yes? No?

Half yes and half no because it's all speculation and rumours. If the 980 Ti has the same performance gain over the 980 as the 780 Ti did to the 780 - which was around 15% IIRC won't really help too much. 'The 980ti is supposed to be the first single gpu go to card for 4k gaming w/o having to sli to get more than 30fps...' Well a mid range GPU can play at 4k on shitty settings above 30...

ok yeah DayZ is poorly optimized and if they fixed that than you should be able to and I dont know anything about star citizen... BUT keep in mind the 980ti is supposed to be the first single gpu go to card for 4k gaming w/o having to sli to get more than 30fps @ ultra... So, if he's only using it at 1080p I think your expectations can shoot pretty high and after a solid overclock on a non-reference card. Yes? No?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Yay I'm going to remain pretty optimistic about this card and will strongly consider it if and when the non-reference cards launch...

That kinda sucks, to spend so much and still not be able to enjoy it to the fullest, I guess time will show. But I'll try to have $ in my savings account just incase:)

90% of the time high vs. ultra never makes much a difference...

at 4k you're alrady at such a resolution alot of the things that define ultra apart from high are useless.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

90% of the time high vs. ultra never makes much a difference...

at 4k you're alrady at such a resolution alot of the things that define ultra apart from high are useless.

yeah but were talking about a single 4k capable card running games at only 1080p...

So I got a Benq xl2720z,and I freaking love it, but I can only run CS GO at 1080p 120-144fps. Any suggestions on how much I should save up and what parts to get to play Star Citizen, Far Cry 4, Project Cars, DayZ, Arma 3 mods? It's not urgent since I run current games at 60fps, but an upgrade would be nice. (I'd also like to record them at 60fps 1080p.)

May be some of you know more about new upcoming hardware, budget isn't much of a problem I work, and still live with my parents :)

dude working but still living with your problems? Dont spend your money on overpriced graphics cards, you are missing out on life ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That kinda sucks, to spend so much and still not be able to enjoy it to the fullest, I guess time will show.

Well it's exactly the same situation as back when Crysis came along.

It's a generational shift, and GPU manufacturers aren't keeping up with game development anymore. Look at Nvidia, still stubbornly sticking to 4GB of VRAM on shitty membuses even though they can and should facilitate the required 6GB/ 384-bit bus required for 1440p post-8192p textures (The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Dying Light and The Division)

Nothing in the 9xx series so far is really sufficient for Star Citizen, especially considering Star Citizen is not even halfway done adding rendering techniques and the promised bells and whistles. And a 980 Ti or 9tan is not acceptable either, because no one should have to pay more than $600 for a frame buffer that is required for ultra in the current meta.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Rumor mill has a potential GTX 980ti release from nvidia in 2 months and it should especially when overclocked it should easily get you 120-160 fps w/ ultra settings in all those games with minimal settings tweaks if your only running at 1080p.   ;) thats assuming the rest of your pc is up to snuff... Overclocked i5 or i7 and 16gb+ of high quality ram, etc...

And it will probably end up being more expensive than 970 SLI, so I'd get the 970s.

Well it's exactly the same situation as back when Crysis came along.

Well that's slightly different. Crysis was always meant to stretch GPU hardware for a generation or two. And it coincided with the shift in resolutions to 1080p, so that exacerbated how long it took to run the game comfortably at ultra. I think the GTX 580 was the first single GPU that did it comfortably.

dude working but still living with your problems? Dont spend your money on overpriced graphics cards, you are missing out on life ;)

But.....theres video games.........

And what is this "life you're talking about?  :P

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

But.....theres video games.........

And what is this "life you're talking about? :P

That's probably the most helpful advice, I'll stick to casual setups and enjoy real life, when I won't be able to enjoy real life as much, I'll get back to virtual one.