Rust

ThatFatMan1911

Has anybody heard any news on when Rust will be completed any time soon? I checked their website just a few minutes ago and from the last time that I checked it, they have made some major improvements. http://playrust.com So any idea?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Has anybody heard any news on when Rust will be completed any time soon? I checked their website just a few minutes ago and from the last time that I checked it, they have made some major improvements. http://playrust.com So any idea?

I assume it's never really going to be finished, It's probably going to be a "Minecraft" like system, where they update the game regularly. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

They overhauled the entire game. It's 1000000 times better than it used to be. The older version is known as Legacy whenever you launch the game and is still available to those who (for some reason) prefer the older version.

I don't see it coming out of early access until sometime late next year.

They overhauled the entire game. It's 1000000 times better than it used to be. The older version is known as Legacy whenever you launch the game and is still available to those who (for some reason) prefer the older version.

I don't see it coming out of early access until sometime late next year.

Ok, when it does come out of early access what do you think the recommended requirements for the game will be? 

Also on a side note - How is The Forest coming along?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I regret buying that frigging game.

It was nothing but naked men running about beating each other to death with a rock.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Ok, when it does come out of early access what do you think the recommended requirements for the game will be? 

Right now minus the framerate bugs, I'd say a single 770 could run it maxed out. There's currently framerate bugs with the engine that they're reporting to Unity to get resolved - the studio is using a beta version of the new Unity engine so naturally it's going to have bugs like that. One such bug is with reflections that will tank even SLI configurations.

I regret buying that frigging game.

It was nothing but naked men running about beating each other to death with a rock.

Join a modded server that is PvE only so you can mess around with the game before you go into a PvP setting.

The game is also headed in different directions, especially with modded servers getting different tools as development goes on to cater the game to different types of gameplay.

That's half the fun.

Right now minus the framerate bugs, I'd say a single 770 could run it maxed out. There's currently framerate bugs with the engine that they're reporting to Unity to get resolved - the studio is using a beta version of the new Unity engine so naturally it's going to have bugs like that. One such bug is with reflections that will tank even SLI configurations.

Join a modded server that is PvE only so you can mess around with the game before you go into a PvP setting.

The game is also headed in different directions, especially with modded servers getting different tools as development goes on to cater the game to different types of gameplay.

Ok I may get a budget PC next year just for games like Rust, DayZ, ARMA III, The Forest...ya know, games I can't get on console. I need a new computer anyway. But speaking of graphics cards...will their be any new ones coming out next year? (Don't want to buy a 970 if something better is coming out next year). 

Ok I may get a budget PC next year just for games like Rust, DayZ, ARMA III, The Forest...ya know, games I can't get on console. I need a new computer anyway. But speaking of graphics cards...will their be any new ones coming out next year? (Don't want to buy a 970 if something better is coming out next year). 

Yes but it'll be toward the end of the year.

Yes but it'll be toward the end of the year.

I mean I ask because I heard that the 970 was basically just a slight upgrade from the 770. So therefore I want a REAL "next gen" card that would be able to handle these games at 1080p or maybe even 1440p at 60fps.

I mean I ask because I heard that the 970 was basically just a slight upgrade from the 770. So therefore I want a REAL "next gen" card that would be able to handle these games at 1080p or maybe even 1440p at 60fps.

Well I wouldn't say slight upgrade.

67899.png

The 10fps (assuming it's an average) increase in Crysis 3 at 1440p is fairly significant in my opinion, though it is with a slight overclock on a FTW edition.

Well I wouldn't say slight upgrade.

67899.png

The 10fps (assuming it's an average) increase in Crysis 3 at 1440p is fairly significant in my opinion, though it is with a slight overclock on a FTW edition.

I suppose it would be best for me to wait another year when 4k gets cheaper and technology gets better. Right now, 4k is possible but way too expensive. Perhaps by the end of next year 4k will be affordable. 

I love RUST. Been playing in total for a year now. Clocked 300+ hours on the Legacy Version but took a break to play some other games that came out. over the last week dove back in but went for the new main game, previously experimental, and love it. they have made tons of changes, upgrades and it looks beautiful as well. still buggy at times and clear to see that they have much work left but it is in a solid state and its a good time to start learning the basics while they continue to add depth to the game.

good luck surviving all.

I played the legacy version quite a bit. I jumped back in about a month ago and they have improved things a lot. Still no real depth to it but its a fun game.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro