like every other guy on here....i need advice! help! XD

Go to solution Solved by mansoor_,

From experience, CAD modelling is more gpu than cpu bound. Specifically, it does not benefit much from the multiple cores and threads. You may even find that a z97 cpu will perform just as well.

I would suggest downgrading to a z97 i7 and putting more budget into your gpu, quadro k4200. If you are going to be running engineering simulations and rendering too then

your build is good and you should keep the x99 cpu.  Also if you will be running this pc all day, you may benefit from a higher efficiency psu. 

source:http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/AutoDesk-AutoCAD-2014-Professional-GPU-Acceleration-504/ 

I am planning a quadro workstation. 

so far ive decided on: 

Msi X99s Sli plus

i7-5820k CPU

Avexir platinum 16gb 4x4gb ddr4 

seagate barracuda 1tb (bottleneck...but i plan to get an ssd eventually) 

Dark rock pro 3

eVGA 600b 600w PSU

quadro K2200

Silent Base 800 case (silver) 

would this system work for autocad? and would it work, considering that X99 CPU's dont have integrated graphics?

sorry for being a total noob, and thanks for your informative responses :) 

Looks good :)

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

From experience, CAD modelling is more gpu than cpu bound. Specifically, it does not benefit much from the multiple cores and threads. You may even find that a z97 cpu will perform just as well.

I would suggest downgrading to a z97 i7 and putting more budget into your gpu, quadro k4200. If you are going to be running engineering simulations and rendering too then

your build is good and you should keep the x99 cpu.  Also if you will be running this pc all day, you may benefit from a higher efficiency psu. 

source:http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/AutoDesk-AutoCAD-2014-Professional-GPU-Acceleration-504/ 

i considered switching to z97, but i like having the option to upgrade ram, with double the memory slots. i WILL upgrade to the K4200 ASAP, but i just wanna try it out first...should i settle for the k620 if im going to upgrade anyhow? and which power supply would you recommend? i was thinking of an upgrade to Be Quiet!, i i can squeeze out a bit more for the computer budget. thanks for the help :D