About to order gaming build for friend, opinions? (AUS)

G'day all,

So me and a mate are about to order him a gaming computer and I wanted to run it by the forum first to see what you think. It is going to pretty much be explicitly used for gaming and general media consumption, but as this will be his first decent computer he may progress into other more demanding workloads.... maybe...

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/bulkfish/saved/cQfD4D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($294.00 @ PLE Computers)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($92.00 @ Centre Com)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($86.00 @ IJK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($124.00 @ IJK)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($519.00 @ CPL Online)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($158.00 @ CPL Online)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($145.00 @ CPL Online)
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor ($599.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $2355.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-14 14:25 EST+1100

As you can probably tell he wants a black and red themed build. $2600 MAX budget, but he would rather keep it cheaper if he can so he can get himself a new desk. 

Thanks,

Fisha

Why don't you guys experience the fun of building one?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

I say you should save on the monitor and get a benq just the normal 144hz probably go for like 200-300 to save a bit more money. with 2600$ id want to get an i7 4790k hopefully. this build is pretty godly. i like it a lot

Why don't you guys experience the fun of building one?

Oh, yea we are definitely putting it together ourselves. Forgot to mention that :D

Are you going to be upgrading to SLI in the future?

PSU Is overkill for a single GPU, Other than that its fine.

Yea he will probably throw in another 970 in the future. :D

I say you should save on the monitor and get a benq just the normal 144hz probably go for like 200-300 to save a bit more money. with 2600$ id want to get an i7 4790k hopefully. this build is pretty godly. i like it a lot

Yea, he is pretty keen on the 1440p IPS gloriousness though :D 

Oh, yea we are definitely putting it together ourselves. Forgot to mention that :D

Yea he will probably throw in another 970 in the future. :D

Yea, he is pretty keen on the 1440p IPS gloriousness though :D

I would definitely go with that Asus IPS monitor. My brother has that one and the image quality is beyond fantastic and unless you are a pro level gamer I don't believe that extremely high refresh rate and the monitor's response rate are to important.