People say Alienware is overpriced? Look at the digital storm bolt 2 lol

Moded

To be fair, the equivalently priced X51 has a 4790 and an R9 270 (other than your unit, which is on sale may I add), which is worse for gaming. And the Bolt II is built in three ways which are better for the consumer:

1. Better expansion (room for 240MM AIO, full length GPU.

2. Custom metal chassis, better build quality than the X51.

3. High-end PSU (I think it's Delta, also is far higher in terms of wattage and efficiency than the X51).

I would ask @digitalnav, but I think it's against his Industry Affiliate to promote his product past his signature and profile.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

But that x51 has a gtx 760, not a R9

Why not a 770, 780, or 970, and getting an i5 instead? A 760 has no reason to be paired with an i7-4790k.

But that x51 has a gtx 760, not a R9

Again, as I stated, your model is on sale. As much as it's a good deal now (not that it is, because the Bolt II is still a better machine in terms of it's build), it won't cost that much indefinitely. It's likely a holiday deal. It's like me waiting until the R9 price hike to declare that all NVIDIA GPUs are better period, even though the prices stabilised and ended up lower.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well, they both are "over priced", but consider this:

• The Alienware is made out of thin metal covered with plastic, while the Digital Storm is made out of thick aluminum(actually I'm not sure about the material, but it much higher quality than the Alienware).
  • The Digital Storm uses a standard size ITX power supply, standard motherboard, and overall can be upgraded in any way. The Alienware uses a proprietary "hybrid" power supply, has a non swapable motherboard, and is very limited in terms of upgradeability.
  • The Digital Storm offers better cooling. Cooling the CPU is a AIO dual 120mm system, and the GPU gets fresh air from the outside. The Alienware basically has a stock cooler on the CPU, and the GPU generally runs warmer than usual due to the lack of airflow.
  • (This is subjective) The Digital Storm just looks better. It has a some simplistic "elegant" design in comparrison to the Alienware, that just looks like a toy to me.
  • Lastly, reputation. Alienware aka Dell has PITA customer service, while Digital Storm isn't too bad. With the Alienware, you are at the mercy of Dell being able to solve your problems. With the Digital Storm, you can at least look online for the parts being used, and have Digital Storm, part manufacture(ex: Asus, Corsair, Western Digital), and/or refer to forums to look for help.

I'm gonna buy the x51 and upgradeto a gtx 970 in a few months, dell said that the computer can support a 970 OEM

I'm gonna buy the x51 and upgradeto a gtx 970 in a few months, dell said that the computer can support a 970 OEM

That's stupid. Why not listen to the advice everyone else has given you? Better yet, why not use higher quality parts and build it yourself?

Dell will tell you anything to get you to purchase their sub-par pc at a premium price. I'll tell you what get a real techie on the phone with the rep from dell and i'll guarantee you the techie will prove just how much the dell people don't know what they are talking about...

On a side note what dell didnt tell you is by swapping out your gpu you willfully VOID your warranty...

Dell is just like Apple when it comes to upgrading if it isnt done by a certified dell technician your warranty will be voided even if its something as minor as upgrading the gpu or adding more ram. And the parts must be purchased through dell at a premium price so that $350 gtx 970 that you was going to purchase yourself through dell will cost about $500 plus another $75-100 to have that dell certified technician install it for you.

The tech to install it is free within the first year and it does not void the warranty as long as it is done by a dell tech.

The tech to install it is free within the first year and it does not void the warranty as long as it is done by a dell tech.

Do what you want but I believe your making a mistake going with dell.

Do your research on customer reviews you'll see they are pulling the smoke over your eyes with smooth talking reps that are paid on commission its their job to talk you into buying from them much like car salesmen are..  

I personally would do like Jade suggested and just build your own and pick out what you want in your rig rather than buying a pre-built from anywhere. For that same $1,200-1,300 you can build a pc with a i7-4790k with a GTX 970 in a case of your choosing. Especially since your talking about forking out $1,200-1,300 now and then another $350-450 for a 970 in a couple months your essentially paying over $1,500 for a pc and wasting a decent amount of cash all for a warranty which Dell doesn't honor half the time anyways.