Galaxy S5 FLAC help

FelipePenguin
Go to solution Solved by Pomfinator,

Not that I know of. I stopped trying to find out because as I was adding FLAC files to my phone by USB cable, it asked me if I still wanted to do it even though the phone might not be able to play that format. 

MTP always says that if its not some archaic filetype like mp3 or avi, don't listen to it, it likes lying.  And even if Samsung's built in music player doesn't, there are at least a dozen apps that can.

Shuttle Music and NexMusic are my recommendations.  I share the same opinion of "I don't see why Poweramp is so popular"

So I recently got the Galaxy S5 and I want to figure out how to put my FLAC music on there. I've been looking online and apparently there are a multitude of apps that provide different levels of sound quality but can play FLAC. If anyone could help me figure out how to get FLAC on my phone, I'd greatly appreciate. I only have a 4GB micro-SD card right now that I can use to find some stuff out. I'll import music directly to my phone if that's one of the ways to make it work. I just haven't already because it told me that my phone wouldn't be able to play that format. Keep in mind that I want to play music in FLAC and don't want to convert it into mp3. Thank you for your time and your help. . 

you just put the music on it, and use a player that uses flac.

that simple.

pretty sure any modern android phone supports flac at this point

you just put the music on it, and use a player that uses flac.

that simple.

pretty sure any modern android phone supports flac at this point

what player would you suggest using? I also don't know if there any free ones that won't suck or make me buy it after the trial runs out

what player would you suggest using? I also don't know if there any free ones that won't suck or make me buy it after the trial runs out

anything that supports it. Nexmusic if you don't want to use poweramp (I seriously wonder why people like poweramp so much)

The stock Android music player doesn't play FLAC?

The stock Android music player doesn't play FLAC?

Not that I know of. I stopped trying to find out because as I was adding FLAC files to my phone by USB cable, it asked me if I still wanted to do it even though the phone might not be able to play that format. 

MTP always says that if its not some archaic filetype like mp3 or avi, don't listen to it, it likes lying.  And even if Samsung's built in music player doesn't, there are at least a dozen apps that can.

Shuttle Music and NexMusic are my recommendations.  I share the same opinion of "I don't see why Poweramp is so popular"

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Thank you very much for your help! I decided to just ignore it and it's working perfectly.

The stock music app on the S5 should support FLAC.

I have no issues playing FLAC files with the stock music player on my LG G3 :)