Motherboard problems with new build

Hey

This is a new built and these are the problems im having:

Firstly, I dont know where to plug the motherboard speakers to hear the beeps. I read the manual and I cant find the pins. The only one I could find was for the front panel speakers I think.

Secondly, there is no output display on my tv through hdmi on mobo as well as graphics card when I turn on my pc..

Thirdly the reset switch doesnt work

Im building two pc with same specs, the first one is working fine, I managed to install win 7. The second one is where the problems are occuring.

My specs are

Asrock Z97 anniversary ed atx

Crucial balistic 4gb 1600

I3 4150

600w corsair cx

R9 290 saphire tri x

Please help

Hey

This is a new built and these are the problems im having:

Firstly, I dont know where to plug the motherboard speakers to hear the beeps. I read the manual and I cant find the pins. The only one I could find was for the front panel speakers I think.

Secondly, there is no output display on my tv through hdmi on mobo as well as graphics card when I turn on my pc..

Thirdly the reset switch doesnt work

Im building two pc with same specs, the first one is working fine, I managed to install win 7. The second one is where the problems are occuring.

My specs are

Asrock Z97 anniversary ed atx

Crucial balistic 4gb 1600

I3 4150

600w corsair cx

R9 290 saphire tri x

Please help

go through all your wiring connections again make sure everything is properly connected.

re-seat graphics card and memory stick.

Make sure you connect the power for the CPU and the two for the graphics card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

go through all your wiring connections again make sure everything is properly connected.

re-seat graphics card and memory stick.

Make sure you connect the power for the CPU and the two for the graphics card.

Ok will try it again.

How about the speaker for mobo beeps?

Although I couldn't find any documentation on the pin layout, I would assume that you don't have all the cables plugged into the right spots. Make sure that you have the right cables on the right pins (Both the cables and the pin header should be labeled) and if you are still having troubles take the PC to a computer shop (not a retailer) that also builds computers and ask them to help you debug the system. Its and easy fix and should only take a few minutes to fix so they shouldn't make you pay any type of fee for services.

Although I couldn't find any documentation on the pin layout, I would assume that you don't have all the cables plugged into the right spots. Make sure that you have the right cables on the right pins (Both the cables and the pin header should be labeled) and if you are still having troubles take the PC to a computer shop (not a retailer) that also builds computers and ask them to help you debug the system. Its and easy fix and should only take a few minutes to fix so they shouldn't make you pay any type of fee for services.

Thanks guys I redone the build and I figured out that without the gpu in, I get display to my tv. However once I have the gpu in with power and everything, I dont get display from either the mobo or the gpu through hdmi. What should I do now? And btw, I dont have drivers installed for the gpu.

Thanks guys I redone the build and I figured out that without the gpu in, I get display to my tv. However once I have the gpu in with power and everything, I dont get display from either the mobo or the gpu through hdmi. What should I do now? And btw, I dont have drivers installed for the gpu.

if your GPU is not posting a bios screen then there is likely a problem with it OR it could be a bad ram stick as well if you can pop in another GPU or another RAM stick you might be able to trouble shoot this...it could be also a bad pcie slot on the board so if it's a board with another pcie slot try to insert the GPU in this one ans see if it post.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If the system runs perfectly using integrated graphics, then try updating the BIOS, then installing the GPU after.

"Rawr XD"

If the system runs perfectly using integrated graphics, then try updating the BIOS, then installing the GPU after.

good idea.

if your GPU is not posting a bios screen then there is likely a problem with it OR it could be a bad ram stick as well if you can pop in another GPU or another RAM stick you might be able to trouble shoot this...it could be also a bad pcie slot on the board so if it's a board with another pcie slot try to insert the GPU in this one ans see if it post.

good idea.

Its working now, thanks a lot guys. The tv is connected to the r9 290 through the hdmi.

However the screen is randomly going black, the tv doesnt say it has lost it's source. I can see that the screen is black and lit as well. it's not completely black.

i installed the drivers off amd catalyst. I dont know what to do now.