Home Network help

AdsStan

So my dad decided to switch ISP's from SKY to BT and he decided to get the BT Infinity 2 Unlimited package (Fiber Optic Broadband), im pretty sure they install FTTH (AKA FTTP). Before he decided to switch ISP I was planning to setup a home network because every device (two xbox 360's, two laptops, my tablet, a smart phone, SKY TV Box and an iPod) except our old 7/8 year old PC (what uses a Ethernet cable of some sort) is running on a 5 or 6 year old wireless G router what was provided by SKY, I don't know how the router hasn't set on fir or broken by now. The original plan was to use a switch from the router/modem leading to my dads xbox, my xbox and laptop also my soon to be built PC, all running over CAT5e cabling. But with BT having to come over and fit Fiber cable to a modem what has Gigabit Ethernet and sending us a new router what has wireless AC and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports it meant that I will have to redo the whole plan sort of <_< .

So my question is:

Do I use Cat5e for a potential Gigabit connection or do I use Cat6 for a Gigabit connection?

Also should I use a patch panel or a few modular faceplates?

Any help as always appreciated tkx in advance  :) 

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Patch Panel, I would just go cat5e.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Have you ever terminated before?

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Patch Panel, I would just go cat5e.

Have you ever terminated before?

Sorry for the late reply

no I have not terminated before but my dad has so ill have to ask him about that

and ill stick with cat5e and a patch panel 

thanks for the answer btw :)

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Sorry for the late reply

no I have not terminated before but my dad has so ill have to ask him about that

and ill stick with cat5e and a patch panel 

thanks for the answer btw :)

NP, I would recommend the B standard BTW

I hate using patch pannels. They are alot of work for nothing. Its not like you have the router in a rack and you cannot see behind it.

NP, I would recommend the B standard BTW

what for, the termination?

also again sorry for the late reply

Bapple \ '-' /

I hate using patch pannels. They are alot of work for nothing. Its not like you have the router in a rack and you cannot see behind it.

no I dont have the router in a rack but the patch panel is going to be installed in to a cable space and i would have used 2 4 port modular faceplates insted

Bapple \ '-' /