hyper 212 evo for FM2+

mad dudy

does it really fit on FM2+ motherboards? i have a ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+

i just got mine in the mail, tried to install it but after screwing one of the screws a little in the other side of the screw got lifted up a bit. when i tried to screw that on in, i would had to push it down hard to even get the screw to touch the standoff. at this point i didnt even try to get that screw in. messed around with the arm thing to try to get it to fit but it didnt. put the stock back plate and heat sink in so i can post here for help.

i might have done something wrong i dont know you guys/girls tell me. im using a Cooler Master HAF XB II EVO and i really dont want to unplug everything to take the MB tray out to try and install it again until i know for sure that it works.

cooler master and pcparkpick both says that the 212 evo works with FM2+.

amazon shows

Intel (LGA 2011 / 1150 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775) and AMD (FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2) platforms

seeing how amazon list AM3 and AM3+ there should be any reason why they wouldnt list FM2+ also right?

CPU Socket:
Intel Socket LGA 1150/2011/1366/1155/1150
AMD Socket FM1/FM2/AM3+

so which ones are lying/wrong about FM2+ support? i also know there are CM reps here dont remember who they are, maybe they can tell me.

I have it and it works fine on FM2+

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

does it really fit on FM2+ motherboards? i have a ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+

i just got mine in the mail, tried to install it but after screwing one of the screws a little in the other side of the screw got lifted up a bit. when i tried to screw that on in, i would had to push it down hard to even get the screw to touch the standoff. at this point i didnt even try to get that screw in. messed around with the arm thing to try to get it to fit but it didnt. put the stock back plate and heat sink in so i can post here for help.

i might have done something wrong i dont know you guys/girls tell me. im using a Cooler Master HAF XB II EVO and i really dont want to unplug everything to take the MB tray out to try and install it again until i know for sure that it works.

cooler master and pcparkpick both says that the 212 evo works with FM2+.

amazon shows

Intel (LGA 2011 / 1150 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775) and AMD (FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2) platforms

seeing how amazon list AM3 and AM3+ there should be any reason why they wouldnt list FM2+ also right?

CPU Socket:

Intel Socket LGA 1150/2011/1366/1155/1150

AMD Socket FM1/FM2/AM3+

so which ones are lying/wrong about FM2+ support? i also know there are CM reps here dont remember who they are, maybe they can tell me.

the only limitation is the size of your case

It does that. Push it down hard .I got mine on by screwing one bolt in barely , then another across from it and then star bolt pattern.

After you bolt everthing (till it bottoms out) the cooler is still moveable....

It does that. Push it down hard .I got mine on by screwing one bolt in barely , then another across from it and then star bolt pattern.

After you bolt everthing (till it bottoms out) the cooler is still moveable....

it doesnt sound like very good for the cpu to have it pushed on so hard.

is it normal to have to push down hard to screw on air coolers like that?

the only limitation is the size of your case

case supports up to 180mm coolers.

it doesnt sound like very good for the cpu to have it pushed on so hard.

is it normal to have to push down hard to screw on air coolers like that?

case supports up to 180mm coolers.

It  was the only way to get it on. I did it for 2 comps and they work flawlessly. Plus it sits in a socket so you dont need to worry about bending the pins. 

It  was the only way to get it on. I did it for 2 comps and they work flawlessly. Plus it sits in a socket so you dont need to worry about bending the pins. 

thank you for your answer.

figure out who was the cm rep here i would also love input from him just to be sure @CM Norumu

edit

didnt feel like waiting for another answer so i installed it i guess nothing went wrong.

Edited by mad dudy

thank you for your answer.

figure out who was the cm rep here i would also love input from him just to be sure @CM Norumu

edit

didnt feel like waiting for another answer so i installed it i guess nothing went wrong.

Sorry for the delay. Without the Search function on the forums, it's hard to keep up and find threads without being linked like you did above.

Also super busy with end of the year stuff!

But anyways, next time, you should totally check our own website for up-to-date information, as FM2+ is totally listed there.

Also, it's worth noting, that AMD hasn't really changed its CPU cooler mounting methods since AM2, so the mounting is totally possible throughout.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!