Harddrive getting slow, video issues

Lauen
Go to solution Solved by BuntzenB,

Link to images on OneDrive then:

http://1drv.ms/1ulE7I0

and

http://1drv.ms/1ulEeDF

Thanks,

Unfortunately, the reallocated sector count means your drive is nearing the end of its life cycle (sorry). However if you still have a warranty you can cash that in.

I've been using two 2TB Seagate Barracuda drives now for a little over two years, and recently they have started not showing up when I start windows some times, they're slow to access some times, and sometimes when trying to watch videos (such as the newest Supernatural episode) it will play for about 10-15 seconds, then the image freezes, the audio goes back 10-15 seconds and then repeats the same thing over and over. with a frozen image.

Is it the end of my harddrives? It's the first time I've had a harddrive die naturally on me, I think (lol)

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I've been using two 2TB Seagate Barracuda drives now for a little over two years, and recently they have started not showing up when I start windows some times, they're slow to access some times, and sometimes when trying to watch videos (such as the newest Supernatural episode) it will play for about 10-15 seconds, then the image freezes, the audio goes back 10-15 seconds and then repeats the same thing over and over. with a frozen image.

Is it the end of my harddrives? It's the first time I've had a harddrive die naturally on me, I think (lol)

http://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to-see-if-your-hard-drive-is-dying/

dP6JRWI.png

and

IJMIsev.png

can I do anything about this?

I cant see the pictures because im in school and they block imgur. can you use another file upload site? thanks

Thanks,

Unfortunately, the reallocated sector count means your drive is nearing the end of its life cycle (sorry). However if you still have a warranty you can cash that in.

Yeah according to the site where I bought it, it has a 3 year warranty. I'm currently running the chkdsk thing, and I'm sitting here listening to the harddrive making scraping noises and frequent beeps. now if only it was simple to navigate Seagate's support...

Yeah according to the site where I bought it, it has a 3 year warranty. I'm currently running the chkdsk thing, and I'm sitting here listening to the harddrive making scraping noises and frequent beeps. now if only it was simple to navigate Seagate's support...

Yeah, bad signs :(

Okay good luck with your return!

Thank you very much for your help!

No problem! Happy to help :)

Good luck with tech support!!

Bad news. the site I bought my harddrives off reports the wrong warranty, it's 2 years.

sneaky bastards at Seagate, the drives died after two years and two months.

I was able to get a slightly extended warranty though, but only if I registered my RMA within the two hours after my Warranty thing was filed. Went to their website, it still didn't work. At this point, I'd rather go for new, different harddrives anyway, I'm looking at WD Reds right now, as I never liked going through RMA and Tech Support and such.