what would you like to see in a new GPU serie?

wouldn't really run at 1200W, it's just that i can get up to that because of the PCIE plugs

here is how it is cooled 

They are all great ideas but the price on something like that would do no good in gaming or video/3D editing because of drivers :( It's a really cool idea none the less tho

maybe with a tubing/barb standard and "plugs" on components and heatsinks

but would still be very high end expensiv crazy things ^^

They are all great ideas but the price on something like that would do no good in gaming or video/3D editing because of drivers  :( It's a really cool idea none the less tho

yeah thats always the problem with multi GPU

one other thing that should really be improved imo is the driver software (for example, it takes me ~2mins to see catalyst appear when i call it, and i always take 3x too much time to find what i want in it)

this is what i did for the Parallax :

and nothing special to say about mid and low end GPUs ?

and about looking (like a more worked side than bottom cause you can't see it in the case :B )

an idea of looking for my next stock cards

untitled.530.png

but looks a bit too much like a speedboat XD

or about cloud GPUs, AVCHD (high quality gameplay recording with small lag), outputs, special form factors, or other random things

"No thanks I prefer air cooling it just seems safer, less could go wrong with air than water" and they are right, water cooling can have more problems if not done right. Even just getting a bundle of bad tubing could be a horrible thing "I know from prior experience I lost a GTX 680 4GB to it" 

ouch! that must have been terrible for you man! but yeah agreed you should give people a few options to choose from e.g Asus Poseidon. Not every one is using WC.

English is not my native language, so go easy on me :rolleyes:

i think i'll do a topic like that in peripherals, cases/PSU and CPU/mobo/RAM forums as well cause i also did some of those

keep the thoughts coming

so, just best price/performance on games?

size/consumption/noise/look matters less?

i did something a bit like that 2 years ago

with very primar components, but does it's job

I would actually love to see more powerful single slot cards.

Imagine the possibilities for compatct PC's :D

well, making small powerfull cards is already something that appears more than before, like the Asus GTX 670 mini for low lenght

but it's true that 1 slot (without WC) and low profile (over chinese cards) are pretty rare

i already tryed to make the best 1 slot card, with 2 GPUs ^^

and a high potential 1 slot AND low profile AND low lenght card (1:30)

and other ideas i had are :

SLI/CFX (called GRAID on Parallax) plug on the rear I/O

this is mostly to make more card/shroud form possible

8x512MB 512bit memory chip for high end cards, so they don't take too much space on the PCB and to be 4K ready

only 1 HDMI and 1 mDP as outputs for stock cards at least

cause 1 mDP can be divided to several screens, and HDMI for HTPCs, and then more space on I/O for exhaust mostly

shiny aluminum plates looking for a shroud (a bit like high end gaming mice like the leetgion ones)

and decorativ patterns on the back side of the PCB (the on visible from the side of the case)

hole for heatsink and fan pretty much where the PCIE lane is, so it could help cooling other components in a small case

card PCB parallel to the motherboard, so the PCB would be pretty thin (3~4slot = 63~84mm)

but then a lot of space for the cooler (here the lower number of ram chip and GRAID on I/O is needed ^^)

under clocked very high end GPU to be low profile and 1 slot, with a kind of AiO WC that could also cool the CPU via an external rad "water-plugged" on the I/O

2.E%25C2%25B2%2520WC.png

paint ftw

naming using generation number and 2 letters to know the range

with large range as Economic, Performant, eXtreme (E, P, X)

and thin range as Low, Mid, High (L, M, H)

so something like my HD 6850 would be a 6.PM (considering HD 6000 were the AMD 6th gen)

and special cards that would come later like HD5830 HD6790 HD7790, Titan and GTX 560 448 core would just have a large range and "²", so the 7790 would be an E², and 560 448 a P², and the Titan a X²

would use a kind of tick tock like intel by making a pretty mid/low end gen aiming for the best price/performance, and then a gen aiming for highest end and new technologies

and also be sure to don't put a new card in the exact same price range as an old one, so the last generation would still be sold at a reasonable price