Arma 3 questions

Hangfire

I found Arma 3 on G2A.com deluxe edition for half the price of what Steam has. Is it the same thing? If you buy the Steam edition and not get it from Bohemia does it make a difference as far as servers you can use etc?

Nup itll be the same .. Warning: unoptimized POS game :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

It's not that bad. I mean, it has WAY less content that Arma 2 but looks better. Ah well, I enjoy both :P

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

600 hours on ARMA 3, can confirm it is not a POS :)

CPU: Intel 4930k @ 4.2Ghz  MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition  RAM: 32GB 2400MHz G-Skill  GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti  Case: NZXT Phantom 630 White  Storage: OS: 120GB Intel 520 SSD Games: 240GB Asus RAIDR PCI-E Storage: 2TB WD SATA  PSU: Corsair 1000W RM Gold Modular  Display: 1x Acer Predator XB240H & 1x 24" Asus VE247H LED  Cooling: CPU: Corsair H100i Liquid Case: Noctua NF-A14 140mm  OS: Win7 Pro

600 hours on ARMA 3, can confirm it is not a POS :)

I didnt mean the game, I meant how unoptimized the game is :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

It's not that bad. I mean, it has WAY less content that Arma 2 but looks better. Ah well, I enjoy both :P

the expansions open it up abit, the new helicopters are cool

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I didnt mean the game, I meant how unoptimized the game is :)

Everyone complains that is it.. but to be fair it is a complicated as hell game and there is a tonne to render.

Overall I get decent frames, steady over 60 unless in a heavily taxing engagement or server.

On vanilla A3 there is never any issues regarding frames although to be fair my rig is upper tier and running off a PCI-E SSD..

CPU: Intel 4930k @ 4.2Ghz  MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition  RAM: 32GB 2400MHz G-Skill  GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti  Case: NZXT Phantom 630 White  Storage: OS: 120GB Intel 520 SSD Games: 240GB Asus RAIDR PCI-E Storage: 2TB WD SATA  PSU: Corsair 1000W RM Gold Modular  Display: 1x Acer Predator XB240H & 1x 24" Asus VE247H LED  Cooling: CPU: Corsair H100i Liquid Case: Noctua NF-A14 140mm  OS: Win7 Pro

Everyone complains that is it.. but to be fair it is a complicated as hell game and there is a tonne to render.

Overall I get decent frames, steady over 60 unless in a heavily taxing engagement or server.

On vanilla A3 there is never any issues regarding frames although to be fair my rig is upper tier and running off a PCI-E SSD..

Over 60? I couldnt get near 60 with a 780 Ti superclocked un ultra settings .. weird

Over 60? Never had that. Vanilla doesn't count btw :D

Let hope that the upcoming headless client will boost fps a bit.

I only get 25-40 fps in any setting on MP.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Over 60? I couldnt get near 60 with a 780 Ti superclocked un ultra settings .. weird

I don't even have an overclocked Ti, Standard EVGA.

Over 60? Never had that. Vanilla doesn't count btw :D

Let hope that the upcoming headless client will boost fps a bit.

Below clip is on the old headless :P

I only get 25-40 fps in any setting on MP.

Some servers are just straight out bad..

---

Everyone got their launch options set correctly and files not in slow assss drives?

Here is a small clip with a fair bit happening, recording with steady above 60fps.. (was around 70-80). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIppkVFqmQk

Roughly 16GB of added mods, mid mission with a large enemy force on the position we are bombarding.

I don't even have an overclocked Ti, Standard EVGA.

Below clip is on the old headless :P

Some servers are just straight out bad..

---

Everyone got their launch options set correctly and files not in slow assss drives?

Here is a small clip with a fair bit happening, recording with steady above 60fps.. (was around 70-80). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIppkVFqmQk

Roughly 16GB of added mods, mid mission with a large enemy force on the position we are bombarding.

Now I'm very interested in seeing your modpack... Also how many players were playing?

Now I'm very interested in seeing your modpack... Also how many players were playing?

The mod list we use is far to large to even think about putting in here and it is not easily check-able although overall it comes to 16.51GB..

On that mission we had between 30-35 players, with unknown numbers of AI.

I get about the same fps on ultra as well. The only time it drops till about 50 is when I'm in big towns. Still great. I'm talking about epoch mod as well. I also tried 200% sampling and it pooped on my fps I was getting around 30-40fps

The mod list we use is far to large to even think about putting in here and it is not easily check-able although overall it comes to 16.51GB..

On that mission we had between 30-35 players, with unknown numbers of AI.

What map?  You must have some keen mission designers who'm prioritize server optimization... 

Actually, GOL right? Mind if we have a chat with you guys some day?

Arma is one of my favorite game series but you just have to be prepared to deal with some funny problems because the game is pretty optimized.. With my current rig, I can get 40-60 fps  and in big towns it may drop to 30 all while streaming... So get it if you enjoy fun mods and don't mind the shit optimizations.  

Watch me live on twitch every night! Click Here♥

What map?  You must have some keen mission designers who'm prioritize server optimization... 

Actually, GOL right? Mind if we have a chat with you guys some day?

That clip was on Takistan but other maps have similar performance.

Yeah it's GOL.. Feel free to come and have a chat with us whenever (http://www.gol-clan.co.uk/), but I don't deal with server side or mission making.