How big is star citizen (file size)

I really want the game and will probably buy the beta access package, this is like what I've waited for forever but just found. I want to know how big the file size is to gauge how long it will take to download. 1.5mbps For the lose!

My trial of it was <14GB but that was a while ago. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My trial of it was <14GB but that was a while ago. 

my file is currently 20.2 gigs

Well this is gonna take a while.

What is your download speed?

1.5 Megs but I seem to have a disproportionate upload of .75

With my connection in Qatar (thanks gods I'm going back to Poland now) it usually was around 16h for me to do a complete install from scratch ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm replying super late to topics for the heck of it........ I'm pretty sure anything I have to add to this will be long too late... Unless...

You did finish the download by now, right?

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

I'm replying super late to topics for the heck of it........ I'm pretty sure anything I have to add to this will be long too late... Unless...

You did finish the download by now, right?

You can be as late as you want, it's not like this is the fastest moving section of the forums!

I've had to reinstall mine again, I've gone from having it on a HDD to SSD back to HDD to dedicated SSD :lol:

You can be as late as you want, it's not like this is the fastest moving section of the forums!

I've had to reinstall mine again, I've gone from having it on a HDD to SSD back to HDD to dedicated SSD :lol:

haha Congrats on the dedicated. I just put mine on it's own SSD in november. Luckily I've only had to reinstall it that one time. Though i have to run the repair function after almost every patch.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

I downloaded it yesterday (got it for xmas) and it took about 8 hr with 900 kb/s

I wonder what the size of the final game will be like. I know they're gonna do some optimizing but how much smaller can they make it? It's 20gb now and it's like 1/1000 of the whole world's content..

i think it will be att least 100 gb

And i got a 1tb hard drive for xmas hope it is enough

I wonder what the size of the final game will be like. I know they're gonna do some optimizing but how much smaller can they make it? It's 20gb now and it's like 1/1000 of the whole world's content..

Textures aren't optimized at the moment, if we take a large open world like Rage that was about 50gb of textures alone but the whole game ended up about 20gb.

Once you talk about textures you can see and ones that don't need to be as high quality as they are now I would say 50gb by beta, maybe 200gb when planet side is done depending on how big and how many planets you can go to.

A good case study would be WoW from day of release to now.