ASUS ROG SWIFT?

RockiLocky

Hey guys I wanted to ask, should I get the ASUS ROG SWIFT or should I just get something else?

Main use gaming, programming(C#) and some content creation and video editing.

GPU I think is the most important to state: GTX TITAN BLACK

If you don't mind the TN panel, sure go for it. It should be noted however it's a very high-quality TN panel.

Meanwhile I'll wait for a 1440p IPS 144hz, or rather a 21:9 144hz monitor. 

Not to buy it of course, just watch in some pixels on a screen with me drooling. 

My build: tis be ordered

Meanwhile I'll wait for a 1440p IPS 144hz, or rather a 21:9 144hz monitor. 

The information that I originally stated here ended up being released anyways, and my predictions were wrong. GG Acer.

//ccap

You sir will be waiting a very long time, if ever. IPS is an inherently slow panel, so hopefully in the upcoming years we'll have a new panel type that will both reproduce colors accurately and have high refresh rates. (not likely, but a penguin can dream)

OP if you play games that would take advantage of the high refresh rates, then yeah go for it (think: csgo, and other twitch-based shooters). If not, then I would recommend a 4k monitor at that price. I bought my Dell UP2414Q for $400 a while ago, so I don't know how "worth it" the swift would be.

Thank you. I realise that it'll take an infinite and indefinite amount of time before my dreams are ever achieved. If the OP wants the 144hz, G-SYNC experience, then I think that it'll be a worthy investment. Monitors are one of the few technological investments that won't feel outdated after 4-5 years after all. 

Unfortunately, I lack the money to actually test out any of the monitors myself. Or even build a computer. Maybe some day. 

My build: tis be ordered

Hey guys I wanted to ask, should I get the ASUS ROG SWIFT or should I just get something else?

Main use gaming, programming(C#) and some content creation and video editing.

GPU I think is the most important to state: GTX TITAN BLACK

Is colour accuracy and viewing angles important? then get something else

If not the swift is a great display

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hate TN panels. I would go for IPS.

Is colour accuracy and viewing angles important? then get something else

If not the swift is a great display

Lets say I jsut want something for my money

Lets say I jsut want something for my money

That literally makes no sense, what do  you NEED from the monitor

For example I would never want to edit photos and videos on the swift

Since you seem to have a good budget you should be looking for a monitor that gives you the exact features you want, do you want  a 1440p monitor with 144hz? or maybe you want 4k, or maybe ultrawide, or surround monitors

The swift is a great (if not one of the best) gaming monitors, but its not the best all round monitor

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That literally makes no sense, what do  you NEED from the monitor

For example I would never want to edit photos and videos on the swift

Im no professional

Im no professional

So? Im not a professional driver but I bought an Audi A4 when I could have bought a bycicle since I live 1 mile from my job

Its a GREAT monitor, especially for gaming where its probably one of the best

So? Im not a professional driver but I bought an Audi A4 when I could have bought a bycicle since I live 1 mile from my job

Its a GREAT monitor, especially for gaming where its probably one of the best

K thx for the help