CPU Fan error - H220x

Go to solution Solved by Babypowder,

IGNORE THIS POST. CPU FAN HEADER WAS CONNECTED TO 3 PINS AND NOT THE 4 PINS! 

Hello there! 

I just tried to install windows 8.1 on my new PC. 
When it posted several times I got the CPU Fan error message. 
I went to the bios, but the CPU is at 30* C, and the H220x is on, and everything is working. 
I'm using the included fan controller that Swiftech provides and it's connected to the CPU Fan, while the 

pump is connected to the CPU_opt 

I can't seem to pass to the installation of Windows 8.1 because it keeps saying CPU Fan error and taking me to 

the Bios. 
Can anyone help me? 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

it could be an issue with the board looking for fan speeds and not realizing you are not using a stock cooler. If you can access the Fan Speed Control, set the ignore limit to 400RPM and you should no longer get an error at POST.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Ha ha ... you posted as I was typing ... glad to hear you have the issue solved

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Ha ha ... you posted as I was typing ... glad to hear you have the issue solved

I was shitting myself, but I figured it out. hahaha 

Thanks though!

Current Build:

I was shitting myself, but I figured it out. hahaha 

Thanks though!

sodding scary when unexpected things happen ... I hate that cold feeling in the guts which you know leads to liquid bowels!!!!