surface pro youtube setup help?

uptownsquash

ok, so recently I was going to spend a good bit of money on a computer for the YouTubes, but something came up and I had to spend the money else where, but my dad is about to upgrade from a Microsoft surface pro to a surface pro 3 and he said he might give me his old surface pro  and I was think that there could be a way to set the surface pro up for YouTube. so anyways I was thinking that I could use a avermedia live gamer portable with it. but I couldn't figure out how I could record audio with gameplay and what not. I thought I could maybe get a usb hub and plug it all up to that but if you use a Yeti microphone witch uses a usb interface, you wouldn't be able to record the audio because it would be running through the computer and not the capture card (if that makes since). If there is a way to do it please help me out and tell me!!

ok, so recently I was going to spend a good bit of money on a computer for the YouTubes, but something came up and I had to spend the money else where, but my dad is about to upgrade from a Microsoft surface pro to a surface pro 3 and he said he might give me his old surface pro  and I was think that there could be a way to set the surface pro up for YouTube. so anyways I was thinking that I could use a avermedia live gamer portable with it. but I couldn't figure out how I could record audio with gameplay and what not. I thought I could maybe get a usb hub and plug it all up to that but if you use a Yeti microphone witch uses a usb interface, you wouldn't be able to record the audio because it would be running through the computer and not the capture card (if that makes since). If there is a way to do it please help me out and tell me!!

Why not record your voiceover and add it later in editing?

Can you not connect the live game to the surface pro using USB? and then connect your yeti too?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not record your voiceover and add it later in editing?

Can you not connect the live game to the surface pro using USB? and then connect your yeti too?

I guess I could do that but I have no clue how to set that up, also there's only 1 USB port on the surface pro, so i would have to get a usb hub, but from what I have read online you have to have a audio plunged into the live gamer portable so that will just record the audio and gameplay at the same time.

I guess I could do that but I have no clue how to set that up, also there's only 1 USB port on the surface pro, so i would have to get a usb hub, but from what I have read online you have to have a audio plunged into the live gamer portable so that will just record the audio and gameplay at the same time.

Yeah just get a USB hub

AFAIK the live gamer portable does not have a way of connecting USB microphones, only 3.5mm ones, so you either need a different mic/headset or to just record your audio seperately and edit them together

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah just get a USB hub

AFAIK the live gamer portable does not have a way of connecting USB microphones, only 3.5mm ones, so you either need a different mic/headset or to just record your audio seperately and edit them together

Well is there a way to convert it to 3.5mm? Becuase I'm really set on using a yeti but I dont want to have to edit them together.

Well is there a way to convert it to 3.5mm? Becuase I'm really set on using a yeti but I dont want to have to edit them together.

Nope, sorry I dont think there is a way to do it using the gear that you have

Can you not connect the live gamer to the PC? and then in the livegame software tell it that your yeti is your microphone?

Nope, sorry I dont think there is a way to do it using the gear that you have

Can you not connect the live gamer to the PC? and then in the livegame software tell it that your yeti is your microphone?

Dang, well I'm not sure if you can there might be a way but I'm not sure, I'll have to have a look around on the web

I now nothing about the subject, but if your USB equipment draws a lot of power, you may want to be looking at a powered USB hub, as the USB port can deliver only so much power. So while it is fine for 1 device, sharing power with 2 power hungry might cause issues.

You can record a separate audio track. It's an option within the software, the video file will have the ingame audio, while it records a separate commentary audio file that you can mix in post.

All you need is a powered usb hub and you'll be fine.

I now nothing about the subject, but if your USB equipment draws a lot of power, you may want to be looking at a powered USB hub, as the USB port can deliver only so much power. So while it is fine for 1 device, sharing power with 2 power hungry might cause issues.

Ya I was looking for one on Amazon at the moment but for some reason I can't decide on one lol

You can record a separate audio track. It's an option within the software, the video file will have the ingame audio, while it records a separate commentary audio file that you can mix in post.

All you need is a powered usb hub and you'll be fine.

Ya but I don't want to have to edit them together, but it looks like I have to

You can record a mic directly onto the video, but there won't be any in-game audio.

Edit: You actually might be able to record both, but you can't mix audio levels in post.