Most Effective CPU Cooler

TinFoilGreg

Price isn't a concern, I was looking at a few review sites but none of them really have a good chart guide of what's good in regards to cooling temps.

Also I'm going to Japan at the end of the year and was planning to buy it over there from this store, so sadly it's restricted to this. http://kakaku.com/pc/cpu-cooler/

Just want a fan cooled CPU not water cooled so it's easier to set up (somehow fucked up setting up my H100i)

Thanks for any replies, means a lot.

CPU is i7 4790k

Noctua nhd15 is your best bet 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

NZXT Kraken x61
I dont know about the performance.. But Dang it looks pretty Rad.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Noctua nhd15 is your best bet 

Was thinking about this, problem is with it is the colours. It's a very retro design and isn't fitting with my build, I know design and colours is a picky thing but black/red parts with white LED's is my current rigs colour pannel. I'll do some more research.

I am using a xigmatek  Dark Knight 2 on FX 8320.

with low low ambient temps i get very good temps and accustics at stock clocks, although air temp is around 15 degree

Was thinking about this, problem is with it is the colours. It's a very retro design and isn't fitting with my build, I know design and colours is a picky thing but black/red parts with white LED's is my current rigs colour pannel. I'll do some more research.

Get SP120s as replacement for fans then 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Kraken x61 trumps other coolers on benchmark showings. If you want air cooling though noctua probably is the way to go. Edit* I just read no water cooled I'm an idiot

The Phanteks PH-TC14PЕ is also a great performer, neck to neck to the Noctua NH-D15. But if you want a good looking cooler, I suggest the Dark Rock Pro 3 by be quiet!

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

nzxt kraken x61 would be one of the better choices to make, it uses a dual 140ml rad and even has leds on the cpu block

u wot m7+1

nzxt kraken x61 would be one of the better choices to make, it uses a dual 140ml rad and even has leds on the cpu block

You do know he said no AIO coolers.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Cooler Master V8?

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/v8-gts/

After a certain price point, all large, dual tower air coolers perform relatively the same, give or take a couple degrees

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

Cooler Master V8?

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/v8-gts/

After a certain price point, all large, dual tower air coolers perform relatively the same, give or take a couple degrees

Just don't like how you can't change the fans out. And this cooler from the benchmarks I saw would be to to loud for me personally. But noise is subjective.

Build

Just don't like how you can't change the fans out. And this cooler from the benchmarks I saw would be to to loud for me personally. But noise is subjective.

Well, I guess it also depends on your build's color scheme

What about the Cryorig R1 Ultimate?

http://www.cryorig.com/r1-ultimate.php

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

For the performance and factor of silence - Noctua all the way.

it's just too bad they don't have a plain one

it's just too bad they don't have a plain one

You can always get their industrial line of fans.  Black and brown.

Noctua NH-D14 or 15 get my vote. 

If you find those too ugly: Dark Rock Pro 3

The Noctua, Be Quiet! and Phanteks 135/ 140mm offerings rule the top end. They all have their own niche.

Noctua: Performance to noise ratio is best in business

Be Quiet: No compromise silence and good looks. Slightly behind Noctua in performance but is more silent.

Phanteks: All out performance, but is still within margin of error of the other two. Though it's the cheapest (also looks the cheapest, unfortunately)

Honorable mention: Raijintek Ereboss. The core edition doesn't come with the crappy slim fan, just the bracket for installing whichever fan you want. The absolute cheapest. Not quite as good as the above three, but a close proxy.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Noctua NH-U12S or even Noctua NH-14S.Can actually do the job.

A bit more You can go to NH-D14,or NH-D15 dual tower ones.