I but ubuntu back on my old toshiba.

Wow title typo.

She's a trusty old dog. I love core 2 duos, specifically penryns, just by how they perform even today. 

Toshiba Satellite M305-S4910, 

Core 2 Duo T6400 (sexy)

4GB RAM 

The shit intel GMA 4500MHD graphics chipset

320GB HDD 7200RPM (lucky me it's not a 5400) 

I owned it for 6 months then gave it to my sister after upgrading my original gaming desktop (A slim dell surprisingly), who destroyed the left screen hinge that I, just now, fixed with duct tape and intelligence. Not to mention covering it's already sexy aesthetics with hundreds of stickers. I built her a desktop with some spare parts that runs minecraft at 50FPS just fine so that's hers now, meanwhile, I took the laptop back and saved it as I have an... almost emotional connection to it.

As I'm speaking, I'm in a skype call, downloading a game on steam, have 40+ tabs open in chrome and am streaming a 1080p video from youtube without a single hitch. Not even getting... molten... hot.

Jesus this thing is fast. But when I ask it to game... It curls into a little ball and soils itself, lel. 

Anything else I should do to it? 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

If you want the best performance, Lubuntu would be a better choice imo. It's ubuntu but uses LXDE, which is easier on the system :)

But it seems like ubuntu is easy enough for your computer, so enjoy! :D

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

If you want the best performance, Lubuntu would be a better choice imo. It's ubuntu but uses LXDE, which is easier on the system :)

But it seems like ubuntu is easy enough for your computer, so enjoy! :D

:3

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Ubuntu is the entire reason that your computer is that roasting fast. Linux is a lot less resource heavy than other operating systems, and Ubuntu, believe it or not, is one of the heaviest. impressive, isn't it? anyone who doesn't have a gaming rig should use Linux because it's just so much better...

I myself would use Slackware because I love the security that it has (it's indestructible) and I fancy myself quite the hacker, but... for the user, Ubuntu is pretty solid. (though Unity isn't really my cup of tea...)

I have a very old ASUS EeePC 1001p. It has 1.66ghz (single core) Intel Atom N450 and 2gb ram. I bought it so many years ago for only 250€, back then when Netbooks where the new thing. It has 160gb HDD which is totally sufficient, why would I need more with that tiny 11" screen :D

It lasts and lasts, though already dropped down so many bunk beds when I was in Australia. While I was in Australia the battery gave its last bit of power but a new one off ebay (20€) lasts 7 hours with wifi and max brightness settings without any optimization within OS side.

I have Crunchbang Linux on it and still use it for University nowadays :'D Its so old and I feel stupid but it still works fine and as a computer science student you dont need a fast laptop at all. Running code does not need a strong machine at the level where I am at now. And TexStudio runs on that old machine too ;)
So yeah I kinda always hoped it would die on me so I could go out and buy a better Netbook or 13-14" Ultrabook thing but well here I am with an EeePC from 2007 (or something ;)).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You love Penryns too? *high-five*

My old laptop had a T8100.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.