Should I use a dedicated physx card or is a single card just as good?

ScionRay
Go to solution Solved by felixbearpig,

honestly man i tried this out last week, i had 2 660tis and i upgraded to a titan, so i tested the titan on 3d mark by its self and then i used one of the 660ti as a physx card thinking since its Kepler it should be fine. the 2 cards performed worse than the single titan. if you ave a newer nvidia card it will have no benefit only use it is you have an amd card

I was wondering if I should use my old 9800gtx for a dedicated physx on my new PC build or does it really matter with the more powerful cards that are on the market today? 

Honestly, if you have the card already, sure.

but so few titles actually support PhysX, there's not much point in it. 

That was what I kept running in to when I was building my latest system is is it worth it to have one of these cards in there when there is a tiny number of games even using the tech and I'm only going to play, MAYBE one of them.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

honestly man i tried this out last week, i had 2 660tis and i upgraded to a titan, so i tested the titan on 3d mark by its self and then i used one of the 660ti as a physx card thinking since its Kepler it should be fine. the 2 cards performed worse than the single titan. if you ave a newer nvidia card it will have no benefit only use it is you have an amd card

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I personally have a GTX 680, and it's the same as felixbearpig here, I did not benefit from using an other card as dedicated Physx card, but it's true that if your new card is an AMD, which could be a wise choice (since they offer some AAA titles with the cards) you'll need a dedicated Physx card.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

• 1 month later...

Would like to thank you guys for all the feed back. I have come to the conclusion that I will be making 2 pc's this up incoming year with taxes a Nvidia gaming and Amd home media.  When I start the builds I will post them here :)