CPU temperature checking software question.

DarkEnergy

I've been using HWMonitor for a long time. I always thought that I should be reading off of OThnCND.png

and not: N5bqy4i.png

However now I am confused. I installed Core Temp and it seems to be reading the package temps. 5Fo63qo.png

Which temp should I be looking at?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I've been using HWMonitor for a long time. I always thought that I should be reading off of OThnCND.png

and not: N5bqy4i.png

However now I am confused. I installed Core Temp and it seems to be reading the package temps. 5Fo63qo.png

Which temp should I be looking at?

I use HWmonitor and I read from the package temp of the CPU probe.

I use HWmonitor and I read from the package temp of the CPU probe.

Package temps just don't seem legit. These are my results of Prime95 temps. CPU temp looks more accurate because there's no way I'm getting 33c max load on air. 

AfhZoIs.png

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Package temps just don't seem legit. These are my results of Prime95 temps. CPU temp looks more accurate because there's no way I'm getting 33c max load on air. 

What verison of HWMonitoir you have? My temps are kinda sameish. Also, I see core 0 to 3 + package.

b5c7066360.png

What motherboard do you have?

For me, the only software that can read my CPU temps are MSI control center, Everything else says it is Faar to high.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Yeah, I see with the logo you don't have the most recent version, try updating it and see.

Yeah, I see with the logo you don't have the most recent version, try updating it and see.

Updated it, no change though.

What motherboard do you have?

For me, the only software that can read my CPU temps are MSI control center, Everything else says it is Faar to high.

It's in my sig under Main Rig.

Just tried SpeedFan. Same thing. It shows around 15c idle. That shouldn't be possible. 

Just tried SpeedFan. Same thing. It shows around 15c idle. That shouldn't be possible. 

Then maybe you have a faulty processor probe, like the processor temp probe has a problem or something.