Which GTX 980

SeventyPointThree

I don't understand the difference between brands, I was thinking about purchasing the Asus GTX 980 or the EVGA.  What's the difference?  I also have a 3570k CPU, I will not have any performance bottlenecks right? $600 is my budget.

I don't understand the difference between brands, I was thinking about purchasing the Asus GTX 980 or the EVGA.  What's the difference?  I also have a 3570k CPU, I will not have any performance bottlenecks right? $600 is my budget.

no bottleneck dont worry.

different cooling solution...go which ever u prefer they are all great

You wont have an issue with bottlenecking.

As for which one, pick whichever one you think looks best. The only big difference is the cooler, performance will be similar.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Gigabytes are the way to go with the GTX980s. But Asus and EVGA are good as well. If you can spend more then the Galax HOF is even better. It´s the fastest factory clocked GTX980, but it´s coming with a 3 slot cooler.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Honestly, if you're working with a $600 budget maybe get a GTX 970 now and wait a month then get another.. you're only spending maybe $100 more and getting much more performance. The difference in performance from the 970 to the 980 isn't big enough IMO to get it.