Mass Effect 3 help

TrxBoy

I haven't played Mass Effect 1.Should i buy mass effect 2 or 3.Is it necessary to play Mass Effect 1 & 2 to understand Mass Effect 3???

I would play ME1 first

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I would play ME1 first

Isn't that a very old game???

Not THAT old, what does the age of a game matter though? The graphics are not minecraft if that's what you're implying

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you are worried about graphics than don't bother playing any mass effect, they all have terrible textures. Even 3.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

No, just play it.

And it's not bad looking. Playing them in order will greatly enhance your appreciation, and how much you enjoy the story.

Also this is not like Elder Scrolls where there is a massive technical and graphical difference between the old and the new games. There were only small graphical improvements from each ME game to the next...

You can pick up the whole trilogy pretty cheap these days and it's totally worth it. Some of the things that happen and decisions you make in the first game affect some things in the 2nd and same thing with the 2nd and 3rd. The whole series is tied together in that way. It's not absolutely mandatory that you play 1 and 2 first, but if you really want to properly appreciate the whole story, I highly recommend you play through them all.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I hated ME1 (loved 2, enjoyed 3), but regardless I'd give ME1 at least one play through if you're interested in the story and characters. I'd probably wait for the next Steam sale, though, because I sure wouldn't want to pay $19.99 for it.

Edit: I'll add that you should, in my opinion, play Mass Effect 2 either way. I may not make many friends for saying so, but in my opinion it's the strongest in the series.

I rarely play a game without starting from the beginning of the series especially a game such as Mass Effect.

If you want to fully appreciate the series you really need to start from the beginning. 

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Start from the beginning. The decisions you make all the way through the games are important, like some main decisions that effect the rest of the games are automatically make for you if you don't play the first two, along with other minor things that just add to the later games if you do them in the previous games.

One word of advice on if you buy ME1: go into the graphical setting and turn off some of the settings they have like motion blur and (I forget the name of it). The motion blur in the first game is unbearable, and the other option I am talking about puts a very grainy filter on the game that personally bothered my eyes. Just a little tip. B)

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

To be honest I've about 300 hours across the trilogy and I still don't get what the fuck 3 was about. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Edit: I'll add that you should, in my opinion, play Mass Effect 2 either way. I may not make many friends for saying so, but in my opinion it's the strongest in the series.

What do you mean? it is objectively the best game in the series all round. Oh gee it doesn't have multiplayer 0/10! *sarcasm alert*

For the OP: You should definitely play ME1. It's not that old and the story is essential for the sequels. Not to say you can't enjoy the sequels without ME1, but you would miss a lot of subtleties that make the series a masterpiece. Also.. I recommend you read the encyclopaedia, at least the voiced part. Gives a bit of perspective

What do you mean? it is objectively the best game in the series all round. Oh gee it doesn't have multiplayer 0/10! *sarcasm alert*

I thought ME2 got a lot of hate for going more down the action route and got accused of being a "Gears of War clone." If most like it as much as I do, so much the better. :)

For the OP: You should definitely play ME1. It's not that old and the story is essential for the sequels. Not to say you can't enjoy the sequels without ME1, but you would miss a lot of subtleties that make the series a masterpiece. Also.. I recommend you read the encyclopaedia, at least the voiced part. Gives a bit of perspective

I personally didn't enjoy ME2 as much as the other two games. Don't get me wrong, the story was phenomenal, but I just thought the gameplay was...not as fun as the other two. Maybe because I only run Vanguard and it was much harder to play through that game as a Vanguard than any of the other games.

Actually I probably wouldn't have liked the game as much if *minor spoiler*

Tali wasn't in it as a squadmate. She is awesome. :P 

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If you are playing mass effect 3 first without playing 1 and 2 then you might as well not play it!! Seriously play it in order start with mass effect 1 then 2 and forget about 3...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Best experience: Play all the 3 with all the DLC (and the MEHEM mod if you want to avoid the shitty ending) and do all the side missions. Lots of the decisions made in the side quests carry over into the sequels, so it's really a great cohesive experience.

If you're not into story and you're just looking for a good cover shooter, there are better options. The story in ME1 is as good as either of the sequels, and having it as a background really helps provide some context.

Graphically, they're all based on the same engine, but 1 looks the worst. Still, it's a trilogy that was developed all within the same generation of hardware, so even 1 isn't really that bad, especially if you mod the textures.

Honestly, ME Trilogy with the MEHEM mod & all the story DLC was the finest single player gaming experience I've ever been through. IMO, well worth your money.

If you are worried about graphics than don't bother playing any mass effect, they all have terrible textures. Even 3.

There are mods that do wonders.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...