Kraken g10 setup

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

Oh ok cool thanks m8 :)

Would you have an software suggestions for controlling the fans and pump? I have MSI afterburner, Ai suite, and GPU tweak as of right now.

Fan Xpert.  It should be within AI Suite, it comes with all Asus motherboards.

In Afterburner, if you run your 92mm fan off your GPU, you have to make sure you set the fan speed to a constant speed, not on a curve. 

Hello :)

So i have the G10 and a Zalman LQ310 for my AIO cooler. 

Im using a 5 pin to 4 pin VGA fan adapter, and a PWM fan adapter w/ molex to plug my 92mm fan from the kraken

and the 120mm from the AIO to my 780's 5pin fan header. That way i can control both fans from GPU tweak (Any suggestions on GPU monitoring software?)

So where would i plug my Pump into? and how would i control its speed? Should i plug it into the GPU's fan header also?

This is the fan header i bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYQRFY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the 5 pin to 4 pin i bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZKZEQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any help would be great thanks!

Hello :)

So i have the G10 and a Zalman LQ310 for my AIO cooler. 

Im using a 5 pin to 4 pin VGA fan adapter, and a PWM fan adapter w/ molex to plug my 92mm fan from the kraken

and the 120mm from the AIO to my 780's 5pin fan header. That way i can control both fans from GPU tweak (Any suggestions on GPU monitoring software?)

So where would i plug my Pump into? and how would i control its speed? Should i plug it into the GPU's fan header also?

This is the fan header i bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYQRFY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the 5 pin to 4 pin i bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZKZEQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any help would be great thanks!

First off, don't power more than 1 fan off of the GPU's fan header.  You will burn out the GPU's fan header, it has happened to many people on the G10 Owner's Club.  If you want, you can use a splitter on a motherboard fan header, but not on your GPU.

Plug your pump into your PSU through molex.  You want your pump to be running at full speed, so no need to control it.

Plug the G10's 92mm fan into the GPU through the VGA to PWM Adapter.  This is the only fan you should have plugged in.  Control this through MSI Afterburner.  Don't use a fan curve, set it to a constant 80-100% fan speed.

Plug the 120mm fan from your AIO into your motherboard and control it from there.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman has came to educate us all as usual.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

First off, don't power more than 1 fan off of the GPU's fan header.  You will burn out the GPU's fan header, it has happened to many people on the G10 Owner's Club.  If you want, you can use a splitter on a motherboard fan header, but not on your GPU.

Plug your pump into your PSU through molex.  You want your pump to be running at full speed, so no need to control it.

Plug the G10's 92mm fan into the GPU through the VGA to PWM Adapter.  This is the only fan you should have plugged in.  Control this through MSI Afterburner.  Don't use a fan curve, set it to a constant 80-100% fan speed.

Plug the 120mm fan from your AIO into your motherboard and control it from there.

I bought a PWM fan adapter that has molex to power the fans that are connected to the GPU. Can i still not use it?

I bought a PWM fan adapter that has molex to power the fans that are connected to the GPU. Can i still not use it?

I'm looking at it and I wouldn't use it the way you are planning to. If I have this right, you want to plug the VGA to PWM adapter into the 4-Way Splitter.  It is powered off of molex, and controlled/plugged into the GPU.

It might work because it is plugged in through molex, but I find it unconventional and risky.  All you need is to plug the 92mm fan into the VGA to PWM Adapter.  Then control this fan through MSI Afterburner, don't use a fan curve.

Plug the pump directly into molex/PSU, it runs at 100% at all times.

Plug the 120mm fan into a motherboard fan header and control it with Fan Xpert.  I also recommend buying a 2nd 120mm Fan, and if you want, you can buy some heatsinks for really cheap.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm looking at it and I wouldn't use it the way you are planning to. If I have this right, you want to plug the VGA to PWM adapter into the 4-Way Splitter.  It is powered off of molex, and controlled/plugged into the GPU.

It might work because it is plugged in through molex, but I find it unconventional and risky.  All you need is to plug the 92mm fan into the VGA to PWM Adapter.  Then control this fan through MSI Afterburner, don't use a fan curve.

Plug the pump directly into molex/PSU, it runs at 100% at all times.

Plug the 120mm fan into a motherboard fan header and control it with Fan Xpert.  I also recommend buying a 2nd 120mm Fan, and if you want, you can buy some heatsinks for really cheap.

I just noticed on the LQ310 it uses a 3 pin fan header for the pump... How would i use that on my PSU?

Thanks for the help so far m8 :)

I just noticed on the LQ310 it uses a 3 pin fan header for the pump... How would i use that on my PSU?

Thanks for the help so far m8 :)

With a molex adapter

With a molex adapter

So i should buy another adapter to plug the pump into? why not just use my motherboards 4 pin fan headers? 

So i should buy another adapter to plug the pump into? why not just use my motherboards 4 pin fan headers? 

Sure, absolutely use your motherboard fan header to power the pump, just make sure it is running at 100%.

If you are low on motherboard fan headers, then yes you need to buy a molex to 3pin adapter.

Sure, absolutely use your motherboard fan header to power the pump, just make sure it is running at 100%.

If you are low on motherboard fan headers, then yes you need to buy a molex to 3pin adapter.

Would you have an software suggestions for controlling the fans and pump? I have MSI afterburner, Ai suite, and GPU tweak as of right now.

Fan Xpert.  It should be within AI Suite, it comes with all Asus motherboards.

In Afterburner, if you run your 92mm fan off your GPU, you have to make sure you set the fan speed to a constant speed, not on a curve.