gigabit switch

gts250ftw

If I understand it correctly managed switches offer QOS, while unmanaged ones don't.

If I understand it correctly managed switches offer QOS, while unmanaged ones don't.

what is QOS?

QOS = Quality of Service. It's for network prioritisation.

You don't need managed is the short answer to your question; at most you might need a 'smart' switch if you want to use link aggregation (combining multiple ethernet connections to the same machine).

The longer answer to the question requires that you describe exactly what you want to use the switch for I suppose ^^

QOS = Quality of Service. It's for network prioritisation.

You don't need managed is the short answer to your question; at most you might need a 'smart' switch if you want to use link aggregation (combining multiple ethernet connections to the same machine).

The longer answer to the question requires that you describe exactly what you want to use the switch for I suppose ^^

well i want to plug it into my modem directly (if my isp supports multiple clients) and i wanna plug my ps3 into it and my router into it  basically i need a 2 port switch heh but this will work?

well i want to plug it into my modem directly (if my isp supports multiple clients) and i wanna plug my ps3 into it and my router into it  basically i need a 2 port switch heh but this will work?

You should be fine with unmanaged.

Unmanaged is what you need.

Think about it like this, if you don't know the difference, you most likely don't need it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You'll be good, just connect the switch to your router, I have 2 switches daisy chained into my router.