What CPI do you use your mouse at?

RevoltTrain

I've always used my RAT 7 at full CPI (6400) , but a lot of my friends use their mice at fairly low CPI, so it got me thinking, what CPI is your mouse possible of doing, and what CPI do you actually use your mouse at?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I use my G700s at 2500 DPI on 1440p, no idea what that equals in CPI

I use my G502 at roughly 3000DPI on 1080p and it is capable of 12000DPI :D

@Excon - DPI is an expression from the printing world and has nothing to do with mouse movement. DPI is meant to describe that for one inch of distance you move your mouse on any surface, the equivalent number of counts are sent to the PC - resulting in movement on your screen. CPI is the correct term for this as it actually is consistent with what you seek to describe with the abbreviation.

Source: steelseries.com :)

I use my G502 at roughly 3000DPI on 1080p and it is capable of 12000DPI :D

@Excon - DPI is an expression from the printing world and has nothing to do with mouse movement. DPI is meant to describe that for one inch of distance you move your mouse on any surface, the equivalent number of counts are sent to the PC - resulting in movement on your screen. CPI is the correct term for this as it actually is consistent with what you seek to describe with the abbreviation.

Source: steelseries.com :)

Ahh, just read a quick bit on it. Seems theyre the same thing but CPI is more accurate or something, I dunno. Steelseries is liek the only company to use CPI that I know of

The one and only default setting of 800... 

I really do wish for a better mouse. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The one and only default setting of 800... 

I really do wish for a better mouse. 

What's wrong with 800? 

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I use 800 as well, on my G500. Anything else is too sensitive for me. I actually put in my weight cartridge last night as I keep aiming past opponents at that DPI.

[witty signature]

I have a Logitech G402 and I use it at 480DPI/CPI. It would 450 but for some reason it doesn't go up in increments of 50. I don't know what it is capable of doing as I set it to 480 and leave it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Logitech G400s at 1600 :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I've got the new DeathAdder Chroma...

With that said, I have it at the same CPI as my old version: 3200

Any higher I cannot use very accurately.

I pretty much use 2 CPIs depending on what I am doing.

400-500 (currently 400) for older games and some games that have no sensitivity adjustment. Some older games have very small resolutions, like 800x600 or worse, in which case I find a higher CPI to be too fast to use comfortably. On the other hand, some games might have adequate resolutions, but have crappy built in sensitivity adjustment, where I would find myself not being able to put the sensitivity low enough if I had a higher CPI.

800-1200 (currently 1000) for pretty much everything else. The native res on my screen is 1080p and I feel that having a CPI around that number feels best for me for non-gaming usage.

Naturally, if I upgraded to a higher native resolution monitor, I'd upgrade the higher CPI I use, since that one is all about the relation between physical movement and movement on the screen. As can be seen from the choice of words I had, there really is no "right" CPI. Even in the cases where the software you use dictates your CPI either by its functionality or resolution, the actual CPI you end up using is all about what you feel is best. With that in mind, I can totally see why some people make a big deal about very granular CPI adjustment or badmouth certain mice (Zowie) for having only a few options in that regard. After all, you might be forced to get used to an entirely different experience if you cannot adjust your sensitivity properly.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.