Just ordered MSI Gaming GTX 970. Was it a mistake?

Just ordered the MSI Gaming Gtx 970 as it is the only one in stock right now. For me, it was between the Asus Strix and the MSI Gaming edition. I decided to go with MSI because of slightly better cooling and better overclocking potential. Was purchasing the MSI version over the Asus Strix a good choice or a mistake?

Both of them are good choices and personally, any gtx 970 that is not out of stock is pure heaven. :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

^^ 100% agree

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Both are great i like the msi ones more and both give amazing performance 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

tumblr_lqdyzot8161qafrh6.gif

I AGREE!

*sniffle*

yes.. Let's all agree! 

*stands boldly*

*cheesy music plays*

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Pretty much what these guys are saying, lol. Both are great, pretty much personal preference at that point. As you can see, I went with MSI as well, and I was debating between Asus and MSI too.

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

Id have chosen asus over msi here but thats just because its easier to adapt it to my colour sheme (Black and blue)

970s are GREAT

everything else is personal preference

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Pretty much what these guys are saying, lol. Both are great, pretty much personal preference at that point. As you can see, I went with MSI as well, and I was debating between Asus and MSI too.

What made u choose msi over asus if I may ask?

IMO i think the msi ones are the best all around cards

From what I've read, the MSI version has a lot more overclocking potential because of 2 power connectors which allows for a higher voltage cap instead of the Asus Strix version which only has 1 connector. Also I read that it runs cooler than the Asus version.

From what I've read, the MSI version has a lot more overclocking potential because of 2 power connectors which allows for a higher voltage cap instead of the Asus Strix version which only has 1 connector. Also I read that it runs cooler than the Asus version.

The overclocking is probably a little bit better on the MSI, but don't expect wonders.

Running cooler is very relative however. Both cards have a 0 dB feature which has been awesome on my Strix so far. The card raises until 67°C, turns on the fans at 40% and then stays at 68°C because 40% fan speed are already enough to cool the card. :D

I expect the MSI card to perform very simialrly.

The difference betwen the two cards that i see is the looks. :D That's it. They are both very silent (i had a TwinFrozr4 card before, so the TF5 must be better).

who cares...

@PCMasterRace24, like I said, personal prefrence played a part for me, but looking around online, I'm under the impression that MSI's cooler is slightly better. You can take a look at this article; http://techreport.com/review/27203/geforce-gtx-970-cards-from-msi-and-asus-reviewed

In the end, the Strix got recommended, but the MSI card got editor's choice. Not sure if that carries weight to anyone, but they got those respective awards for a reason, I suppose, so checking out that article might help you decide!

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab