Tips and recommendations for creating a Website.

Stav Kats
Go to solution Solved by MzCatieB,

try webs.com, you can make a free website with a domain name "SiteName".webs.com, its all online and is extremely easy to use

Hello LTT community,

I want to make a plain website with some images and a small text. This is my first time doing something like that so I am a completely noob. I need every basic navigation, from getting the URL to finding a way to modify the website.

I would like you to suggest me ways to create a website as easy as possible, because I just want plain text and one or two images.

Also if you have any tips I would be more than welcome to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

try webs.com, you can make a free website with a domain name "SiteName".webs.com, its all online and is extremely easy to use

Character artist in the Games industry.

go over to Code Academy and run through their web fundamentals tutorials, even if you go with a site generator it's still a great idea to know the basics so you can make tweaks to the layout and such. 

Use a site editor because unless you want to make multiple websites or improve your skills and are into programming, learning html is probably too far to go for a really basic site (I like programming, but not everybody does). Webs is an easy, free place to start, and is probably your best option unless you want to use your own domain (webs is yoursite.webs.com rather that www.yoursite.com which costs about €5 per year + hosting (about €30 per year) (prices are very approximate)).

HTTP/2 203

I'll move this down to the coding section. There's a sticky there on resources for HTML. 

Write it in Plain HTML hosted with something like XAMP (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html), you can also use a free webhost (something like: http://www.000webhost.com/)

When you are getting the hang og HTML, you can start adding some CSS and later maybe some javascript or even PHP and mySQL :)

Enjoy, and if you need any help with code, then please post it :)

PS: Just use notepad, to start with as your IDE :)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,Stav Kats

If you want to  have your own domain name without any sub domain name then you can get it from the site TuckTail.com  at low cost .And to make a website you can use the website builder which is provided by the same site .By using the website builder you can make your professional website at short time and set it action on the online .And here they are providing Hosting service fro free with website builder so you don't need to purchase a Hosting service separately .And more over here they are having 24/7 customer service and support  with 99.9% server up time .

• 3 weeks later...

try with HTML and CSS is very easy to learn and you will be able to implement  anything in your web, also to upload try free hosting.

with me whoever, ahead who can