which is the better motherboard?

The Asus rampage 4 formula,or the p9x79 deluxe?

Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (White) CPU: AMD FX8350 @ 4.5GHz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard: MSI 990FX GD80 v2 RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB HDD: WD Black 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB GPU: MSI GTX 680 Lightning (x2) PSU: Thermaltake Smart M 750w Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Monitor: Acer h236hlbid 1080p (x3) Speakers: Logitech Z323 Headphones: Logitech G230

Tough one, both are exceptionally good but i have to say the P9X79 Deluxe.

yah i'd also go with the p9x79 deluxe... it has a better rear io, plus dual Ethernet...

For the extra $30 (for me) you get

• an extra LAN port under an Intel dual LAN controller
  • 2 more (8v6) USB 3.0 ports
  • PCI 3.0 dual 8X slot
  • Dual band WiFi + Bluetooth 3.0 which also means remote support for things
  • An extra 4 memory slots
  • Better power delivery

But you loose

• The RoG onboard sound which is fairly decent compared to normal onboard audio
  • The RoG OCing features
  • A PCI 3.0 16x slot
  • The ability to do quad SLI on PCI 3.0 16x slots
  • RoG board status

Personally I'm not worried about the RoG label on the board and am happy to pay the additional to get dual band WiFi + Bluetooth considering a card to do that would be about $60. The Deluxe also has 16+4 phase power delivery vs the 8 phase for the CPU, the rest of the power supplies are the same (DRAM) except for the VCCSA which isn't stated for the deluxe. What this means is that the Deluxe will be able to handle overclocking heavily a bit easier, particularly on the Intel Extreme chips where the power draw can be well into 200w.

My vote goes to the Deluxe.

It also greatly depends on what you are using the motherboard for? I personally have the Formula board in my rig.

But I do a lot of gaming. The Formula is directed specifically at gamers, in which ASUS intended, being ROG.