Second GPU - not a reference card

Go to solution Solved by Maxwit44,

Hey guys

I'm currently running a Asus GTX 780 reference-card in a custom water-loop and I was planning on getting a second one, before all GTX 780's are gone.

Apparently I'm a bit too late, as I've not found any reference cards anymore in no local store around here. 

But what I've found is the "EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler". In this post (http://www.overclock.net/t/1408773/list-of-gtx-780s) there is stated that this card has a reference-PCB layout. 

I'm pretty insecure if this will work or not. Does anyone know if I'll be able to fit a reference-waterblock on this? 

And also they're clocked differently I guess, could this be a problem?

I'd appreciate any anwers :)

Thanks so much

1. Well the EVGA 780 superclocked w/ACX cooler is a reference model, according to EK's Cooling Configurator page.

2. I would highly recomend getting the same brand of water block that you have on Asus card. This will increase your chances of having the ports line up, to allow you to use an SLI water bridge.

Hey guys

I'm currently running a Asus GTX 780 reference-card in a custom water-loop and I was planning on getting a second one, before all GTX 780's are gone.

Apparently I'm a bit too late, as I've not found any reference cards anymore in no local store around here. 

But what I've found is the "EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler". In this post (http://www.overclock.net/t/1408773/list-of-gtx-780s) there is stated that this card has a reference-PCB layout. 

I'm pretty insecure if this will work or not. Does anyone know if I'll be able to fit a reference-waterblock on this? 

Thanks so much

Hey guys

Thanks so much

1. Well the EVGA 780 superclocked w/ACX cooler is a reference model, according to EK's Cooling Configurator page.

2. I would highly recomend getting the same brand of water block that you have on Asus card. This will increase your chances of having the ports line up, to allow you to use an SLI water bridge.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Awesome :D Thanks! Yeah I was planning to do so, not only because of compatability but also because of the looks ;)

The difference in clocks shouldn't be a problem? I'm running a custom BIOS on my asus gtx 780 and its overclocked.

Awesome :D Thanks! Yeah I was planning to do so, not only because of compatability but also because of the looks ;)

The difference in clocks shouldn't be a problem? I'm running a custom BIOS on my asus gtx 780 and its overclocked.

I'd try and click both cards the same if possible, just so you can keep the performance up. But it's not a huge deal.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

I'd try and click both cards the same if possible, just so you can keep the performance up. But it's not a huge deal.

Ok.. I'm thinking of flashing the stock-bios back on the asus one, as i dont really need that extra 3% when i already have 2 gpus anyway.

Ok.. I'm thinking of flashing the stock-bios back on the asus one, as i dont really need that extra 3% when i already have 2 gpus anyway.

No Probs Bud, Glad to help!!