Case Partition Mod For Cooling?

I recently switched from a blower style GTX 660, to and open air Asus GTX 760. Being an open air, rather than exhausting air out the back, it lets hot disperse inside of the case. I thought of an idea that could help keep your gpu nice and cool, yet not have as high in case temps. Note: High in case temps or high temps on other components wasn't a problem, but I thought this would be a nice idea. Essentialy, you would cut a piece of plexiglass, or something similar, and partition th ecase in two, the bottom half for the gpu, and the top for the rest of the system. You would have to have an intake and exhaust for the bottom and top half. On my config, it would be two 140mm intake at the front for intake, the 140mm exhaust for the top half (like most cases already have), and a 140mm exhaust on the bottom of the case, if your case supports it. If it doesnt you could possibly use one of those expansion slot fans, though I am not sure if they are any good. Just an idea, any feedback would be helpful, because I am planning to do this.

Edit: I wasn't very clear, this would keep the gpu from blowing hot air into the case, increasing temps for your cpu and other components.

My Rig: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte Windforce 280x, 8GB Adata XPG 1866 Mhz

Coming soon  :lol: : Two Kuhler 650's, one on the cpu, the other paired witha Kraken G10 

There is literally no reason to do this

Umm... Lower in case temps which would give lower temps on your CPU or any other components... 

Coming soon  :lol: : Two Kuhler 650's, one on the cpu, the other paired witha Kraken G10 

Umm... Lower in case temps which would give lower temps on your CPU or any other components... 

Well you arent wrong but the difference will be so minimal that it would be pointless. As long as you have proper air flow in your case there is no need for that

actually a cool concept :P also, as a random idea: if you had any other lighting in the case, or if its a windowed case, throw an led light bar on one end of the plexi-glass and it would look sweet. :) or if you wanted to totally go nuts on the project, try engraving something in the plexi-glass so that the light is broken by the carving. Just some thoughts i think would look pretty damn cool :P innovative either way. 

I think having 4x 140mm fans would be good enough. Segmenting it would be of no benefit. You are literally limiting case flow on purpose.

A lower rear 140mm would be good though, if you had the room to mod it in.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

actually a cool concept :P also, as a random idea: if you had any other lighting in the case, or if its a windowed case, throw an led light bar on one end of the plexi-glass and it would look sweet. :) or if you wanted to totally go nuts on the project, try engraving something in the plexi-glass so that the light is broken by the carving. Just some thoughts i think would look pretty damn cool :P innovative either way. 

I was actually thinking of lighting the plexiglass, and they are right, as far as performance, it won't really make much of a difference, but I thought it would be a nice case mod, and windowed sidepanels are the way to go :P

Seems like it would be twice as hard to get the air flows right.  So many options with regular fan layouts.