Which is best?

gandyuk1002

Hi guys I am getting a AMD FX 6300 and I was wondering which is best for it a AMD graphic card or Nvidia graphics? Thanks guys.

eh...you might aswell ask if Volvo is better than Ford
They are just two brands with ALOT of different cards...

Be more specific.

Redliquid~

Location? Price range? Usage? You need to fill us in a little more here.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

GPU's brand doesn't affect the cpu nor will affect your performance in games.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

GPU's brand doesn't affect the cpu nor will affect your performance in games.

I think amd has some feature that allows a cpu to work better with the gpu but im not more well-read about it than that unfortunatley

Redliquid~

Well if you want to play games the way they were meant to be played buy Nvidia.  They have features that the AMD cards don't have with the most important to me being PhysX.  If you want to play The Witcher 3, which is a much anticipated title, truly maxed you need to go Nvidia.  Also really it depends on where you are from in terms of us recommending a card.  I don't know what stores to look at for you.  I can say though I have seen R9 280s and up and GTX 760s and up reduced in price greatly with the Black Friday sales and well Cyber Monday is coming and then Boxing Day too. There were some good deals to be had and some good deals to come.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ok my budget is £110 for a graphics card I might be getting an ASUS GTX 750 ti or a AMD R7 250 or AMD R9 250x

Depends on budget, availability in your country, pricing on your country, what do you intend to do with the card, what your PSU supports, which features do you like best...

Both are good. Do research, instead of asking.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Is your actual question if having an AMD graphics card with AMD cpu better than Nvidia with an AMD cpu?

Edit after seeing him clearify: disregard what i said.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I think amd has some feature that allows a cpu to work better with the gpu but im not more well-read about it than that unfortunatley

I had intel + amd, now i have intel+nvidia, my brother has had amd+amd and used to have nvidia, and the gpu's brand never affected the game, the only thing is that if you get amd+amd you can tweak your cpu on the catalyst, but that's not even a good idea.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I haven't had much experience with the AMD cards. But the 750ti works out for my little bro and 1080p gaming if that's what you're looking at. Nice little card.

Yeah more or less

CPU and GPU brands are completely independent, unless you are refering to an AMD APU, but that is not your case.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Try to go with r7 260x

Well I need it for standard video editing because in the future I was think of getting a nvidia quadro fx 3800 to go with the graphics card

Oh so it's not really for gaming. But more so for rendering videos?