Congratulations LDLC!

SeriouslyMikey

So, LDLC beat NiP in overtime on Overpass in an outstandingly close game, winning the Dreamhack Winter title! Or as Devilwalk said, Olofpass. What do you think about the win? 

Me, I think the win is well deserved. They played well and out played NiP amazingly, though, I hope at the next major, NiP can come back fighting harder. 

Forest got MVP of the weekend too. Which is odd, as I would have chosen Maikelele. His AWPing and new style brought to NiP was fantastic. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

They didnt outplay nip imo, nip's t side strat for overtime just wasnt good enough, rushing a site, too many times nip waited too long on t side, and nearly lost due to time, considering how nip have been playing recently, they played amazing.

They didnt outplay nip imo, nip's t side strat for overtime just wasnt good enough, rushing a site, too many times nip waited too long on t side, and nearly lost due to time, considering how nip have been playing recently, they played amazing.

They came back from 11:4, I'd definitely say that's outplaying them :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

it was 11:4 first half, and 11:4 second half, i'd definitely say thats not outplaying them :P (its a fairly heavy ct map)

Not really, Lays.. that's (pretty much) a typical score for CT side. Even at 11-4 the game was far from over.

However, I believe NiP had quite a few chances to win before the game went into overtime, but there were a few too many chokes, particularly from f0rest in the end.

Either way, it was a great final - all 3 maps.

Cheers, Sam

They used pixel walk too. Should've been dq'ed. #nip4life

i think they did decent but on overpass i would say they were rather sloppy at points

i still don't really like how dreamhack handled the ldlc vs fnatic thing but oh well i guess

I don't know about the Maikelele part. Maikelele did amazingly well, but I still think that f0rest was the best. Oh, and we must not forget GeT_RiGhT either.

I personally was for NIP, but after seeing all the swedish c*nt supporters in the room i was for LDLC.

I was so glad when LDLC won and i saw all the supporters leave and not even clap, yeah i was happy

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I personally was for NIP, but after seeing all the swedish c*nt supporters in the room i was for LDLC.

I was so glad when LDLC won and i saw all the supporters leave and not even clap, yeah i was happy

Considering they did clap and to the Swedes CS is something that is actually huge. I understand why they didn't clap much. They just saw their team lose after one heck of a close game, they'd be very disappointed, and some probably very sad. No need to insult those cheering for a team. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Great CS by both teams, at least nobody used fnatic's boost on overpass xD

Maikelele had a great debut into dreamhack, a great game to watch, Looking forward to next year and what suprises cs:go has for us :P

Having a 980 is like having a Ferrari... Looks Sexy, Performs Sexy and will get you laid...... Oh wait... Its a GPU...

We can dream I guess :/

I love how forest got a PS4 as a price for being the MVP of the tournament xD

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Quite honestly out of all the teams playing at DHW 2014 LDLC, NiP, and Cloud 9 were the ones I really was rooting for. 

It was a crazily intense final three maps. The games were extremely close (except for Inferno). The final map on Overpass could have gone either way if NiP had of done something different in the overtime. Anyways, so happy I saw these two in the finals. NiP looks like they're back to their pre-Katowice performance with only three weeks of practice. Like holy shit! I cannot wait to see what they're going to be capable of over the next few months! 

I honestly don't know what Fnatic was thinking when they kept using that boosting strategy to effectively carry them in the final map against LDLC. It's hard to believe that they legitimately thought it was an intended feature of the map even though it held such power. They chose right when they dropped out. They're still a great team, and displayed amazing professionalism, but oh well. 

Computer Science / Mechanical Engineering @ Oakland University

Alumni of FRC Team 245

Professional Counter-Strike - Starbucks Barista 

Great CS by both teams, at least nobody used fnatic's boost on overpass xD

Maikelele had a great debut into dreamhack, a great game to watch, Looking forward to next year and what suprises cs:go has for us :P

Maikelele was the highlight for Dreamhack Winter. He played exceptionally with the AWP. So aggressive with it.  :wub:

Well LDLC won the game so obviously they outplayed NIP.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Well LDLC won the game so obviously they outplayed NIP.

Not really, nip played bad second half, their first half was brilliant, so it wasnt just ldlc completely outplayed them, or it would have been 16-0. It was a close game.

tbh I would have chosen Happy for MVP of the entire tournament. He played outstanding every single game for LDLC. Not only did he clutch numerous times each game, AWP on the level of the top AWPers, and frag a lot on each map, he was also the IGL for the team. 

Although personally my thoughts in Maikelele (I have followed him as a player for some time as well) but I felt he was a bit overrated this tournament. He had good games and bad games but usually you would find him at the top or the bottom of the scoreboard. And watching him in GOTV he looked extremely nervous while playing and when he got this way he looked too scared to push out or take fights he was capable of winning. It is understandable that he would be nervous and this will get better with time but I don't think I would consider him a top tier AWPer yet. If he could reach the point where he does not get shaken when he loses a few duels and he performs well at all times he could be up there with JW and Guardian but I don't think he is there yet.

Although I think this tournament was a very bad one for GeT_RiGhT(I am just gonna use GR this point on). He used to win 1v2s over 50% of the time back when he was on fire but this tournament he could hardly win 1v1s. Most of his kills came from more traditional roles rather than his famous lurking. I think he has fallen a long way skill wise and it was kind of disappointing to see personally. He is still an incredibly skilled player but he is no longer anyway near top 1 player in the world. I would even go as far as saying he is the worst on NiP now. Don't get me wrong, I am basically saying he is worst of the best, but this is a turning point since he has basically been the best player in the world since CS:GO came out.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Not really, nip played bad second half, their first half was brilliant, so it wasnt just ldlc completely outplayed them, or it would have been 16-0. It was a close game.

Overpass is very CT sided. I don't think NiP played bad the second half at all. Both teams played their A game and LDLC came out on top scoring more rounds on T side(the much more difficult one).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Overpass is very CT sided. I don't think NiP played bad the second half at all. Both teams played their A game and LDLC came out on top scoring more rounds on T side(the much more difficult one).

Nip was within one round of winning, i think it was 15-14, but they screwed up:( I was really hoping for this to be nips comeback, as they've been playing so bad recently, in a way they did comeback, but winning would of been better.