Corsair C-70 Military Green

harmontt

My rig is settled in a Corsair C-70 Military Green. It looks like an awesome case to mod, but I'm not sure what I should do with it yet. Any Ideas or has anybody else modded their C-70?

If your planning on going water cooling, the C70 can mount a 360MM Rad in the top by removing a crossbar held by two rivets, takes all of five seconds, and can be held in place by the two fans facing towards the rear, the only downside to this is the third fan has partially blocked intake, and will completely block the top optical bay.

Picture of the rad installed in the top one that I had owned previously.

Currently, I'm not planning on a custom liquid loop. I was looking for more aesthetic reasons.

well the C70 has fan mounts on the side window, if you do like the that sort of aesthetics, then you can remove the side panel window and buy a solid one from your local hardware store. it should look much better if you dont need those mounts :)

If i had one i'd like to try a camouflage painting job

Instead of buying new acrylic, I took the window off and rotated it 180 degrees so that the fan mounts were only covering cable routing and the back of the dvd drive.

If i had one i'd like to try a camouflage painting job

I second that motion.

Replace the window with mesh? Stencil the typical ammo crate markings on the side?

What about getting some Army decals or stencils? A bit white star in a broken ring would kick it off nicely.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

I agree with army stencil lettering. I seen a C-70 turned into an ammo can look once. It looked great! Search around the webs for inspiration. The best mods are the most original ones. :)

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

It sounds like spamming I know but if you're in the UK I know a guy - http://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

I would get some green cold cathodes! Maybe take out the drive bays you aren't using also. This isn't really modding, but sleeve the cables? OH, make a side window panel if it doesn't have one (I forget atm if the c70 has a window).

Not a fan of cold cathodes, not when you can buy a 5m roll of double density LED tape for £10 and solder a molex on one end.

Stuff I try to use;

I'm using white Bitfenix Alchemy LEDs right now. I also have considered doing the star in a broken circle idea. I might try to do a USS Corsair theme. I thought that would be cool because the case is made by corsair.

've fancied doing a US Army thing with my case since I've got a HAF 922 and the inside isn't painted. If I'm painting it OD would be awesome. A Sabretooth motherboard would just set it off.

Stuff I try to use;

Throw some Noctua's in there. The colour scheme should flow beautifully with the military green.

Throw some Noctua's in there. The colour scheme should flow beautifully with the military green.

It would be the only thing that would fit the noctua's scheme!

Brrr!

Stuff I try to use;

• 3 weeks later...
well the C70 has fan mounts on the side window, if you do like the that sort of aesthetics, then you can remove the side panel window and buy a solid one from your local hardware store. it should look much better if you dont need those mounts :)
Couldn't stand that side window. I dont know why corsair thought that was a good idea, I hated it

Or Marine corps theme... sense we are better than the army...

I have a 20MM ammo can case mod going on right now and stencil thing is really cool looking if done right

I'd replace the window with a clear window. And cut the cable management hole of the PSU a little closer to the PSU (unless you have a huge PSU), so you will see less cables.

maybe even painting it camo... That would be awesome!

I kinda want to do a whole green theme with green lighting and also with a chevron yellow and black to match the reset button on the case.

• 3 weeks later...
Instead of buying new acrylic, I took the window off and rotated it 180 degrees so that the fan mounts were only covering cable routing and the back of the dvd drive.
i do the same looks great

I agree with army stencil lettering. I seen a C-70 turned into an ammo can look once. It looked great! Search around the webs for inspiration. The best mods are the most original ones. :)
Now that would make an awesome build!

An ACTUAL ammo can! I'm gunna go to my local army disposal shop as soon as I can and BUILD!!!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.