Budget Workstation PC Feedback

I'm looking to build a workstation PC for a friend for as cheap as possible, while still having an overclockable i7 processor. I've put some parts together and would like to see if I can get any feedback! I haven't included any software or peripherals, just looking at hardware. He will need to run software like PS6, Rhino 3D and Grasshopper, CAD Civil 3D, 3DS Max, Google Sketchup, Vectorworks, and Lumion 5, and will need to run some simultaneously.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9cmG
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9cmG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($65.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($109.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($15.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i (Purchased For $75.00) (not included in total)

Total: $758.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-28 17:49 EST-0500

Suggestions and feedback would be awesome!

EDIT: This is a more powerfull version of the above system, threw in a different processor. Thoughts?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/lha_luke/saved/LG49TW

I saw a bunch of people get the h80i. This depresses me. Because the h90 has been $50 the last 3 days...Would he benifit from maybe holding off on the gpu until later and putting that towards and lga 2011-3 5820k? I don't know how gpu intensive those programs are.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I saw a bunch of people get the h80i. This depresses me. Because the h90 has been $50 the last 3 days...Would he benifit from maybe holding off on the gpu until later and putting that towards and lga 2011-3 5820k? I don't know how gpu intensive those programs are.

He could have gotten it a few months ago for a previous build. I thought intel's ***-e platform didn't have any iGPUs so he would need a gpu of some kind.

He could have gotten it a few months ago for a previous build. I thought intel's ***-e platform didn't have any iGPUs so he would need a gpu of some kind.

Holy crap you are right. I thought it was only the xeons that didn't have Igpu's. Didn't realize the ones beyond the quad cores didnt either. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I purchased the h80i for myself for around $70 a few months ago, and went with a h100i for my current build. So I'm throwing the h80i in for free.

And that is a good point some of them don't benefit, but in my experience in some of the CAD software having a decent GPU does help. As for a better proccessor, will that 5820k give that big of a performance boost?  

I purchased the h80i for myself for around $70 a few months ago, and went with a h100i for my current build. So I'm throwing the h80i in for free.

And that is a good point some of them don't benefit, but in my experience in some of the CAD software having a decent GPU does help. As for a better proccessor, will that 5820k give that big of a performance boost?  

It's a 6 core 12 threads vs 4 cores 8 threads on the same architecture. So in theory about 50% boost with all threads utilized. But like Nathaniel g stated above, there is no igpu in the 5820k like I thought so you would need some sort of graphics card.

I would switch the ram to one of these  the first one is better but costs a little more. Other than that, this build looks good.

What RAM were you recommending exactly? 

It's a 6 core 12 threads vs 4 cores 8 threads on the same architecture. So in theory about 50% boost with all threads utilized. But like Nathaniel g stated above, there is no igpu in the 5820k like I thought so you would need some sort of graphics card.

Okay good to know. I'll let him know and see if he feels its worth the upgrade!

What RAM were you recommending exactly? 

oh, sorry the hyperlink broke. It was these two http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f32400c10d8gzh   http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f317000cl11d8gbsr (I can't get the first link to work, but it is the G.Skill F3-2400C10D-8GZH you can google it and find it)