Anyway to block a game from showing up when friend play them?

Skcorpion86

Ok so there is a particular game I just hate, and I hate when I get the notification that my friend started playing ____

I just hate seing it pop up all the time. Is there any way to just have one game not pop up when friends begin to play it or nah?

steam, facebook what? both have an option

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

55592c96f425423f271b477dc8c018de.png

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You can turn the notifications off in Origin and Steam via settings :P

well if it's for steam: go to steam in the top left corner, click settings, go to the friends tab, and uncheck the box that says display a notification. 

55592c96f425423f271b477dc8c018de.png

This is correct.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

guys none of you are answer him...

hes asking to turn off notifications for ONE game. which isnt possible

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I forgot to mention this was for steam, so my apologies for that...

And @Snickerzz you are correct....

guys none of you are answer him...

hes asking to turn off notifications for ONE game. which isnt possible

Only want to turn off notifications for one game. I still want to see all the other games

I feared this wasn't possible, but I'm probably the only one in the world that would want this feature so It makes sense since it's not a big deal for everyone else 

I guess that's a very niche need. It's all or nothing as far as I know, as mentioned before. What game is it? just curious :)

I guess that's a very niche need. It's all or nothing as far as I know, as mentioned before. What game is it? just curious :)

DOTA 2. I don't think I've ever hated a game so much in my entire life. Literally puts me in a bad mood whenever I see my friends play it.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I forgot to mention this was for steam, so my apologies for that...

And @Snickerzz you are correct....

Only want to turn off notifications for one game. I still want to see all the other games

I feared this wasn't possible, but I'm probably the only one in the world that would want this feature so It makes sense since it's not a big deal for everyone else 

Nope, not possible. .

Do you let out a little squeal and pound your keyboard when you see Dota 2 popup?

Nope, not possible. .

Do you let out a little squeal and pound your keyboard when you see Dota 2 popup?

no, I just cringe and tighten my fists.