Pc build help

Hey guys im new to this forum (not sure if i can post new threads, tell me if i cant and where i should post instead)

So i have beencthinking about building my first pc but im not sure im the components i picked are maybe bottlenecking each other.

My components of choice:

Amd fx-8350

Msi radeon r9 280x 3gb dc2t

Asus m5a97 am3+

corsair valueselect 8 gb ram (1 8 gb stick)

Corsair 750w psu

Hard drive from my old pc

Aerocool strike-x xtreme

Please tell me what you think about it, im open for suggestions

~max

Good choice I think, I don't know about that ram and aircooler because never head of them but generally very good build.

If u have budget, add an ssd and u are good to go :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

First of all, welcome to the forum! :) A quick tip: don't forget to use the quote button to reply to somebody's post. That way, they'll get a notification at the top of the page.

For us to help build the best PC for you, we need to know what you'll be doing with it, how much you're willing to spend and which country you're in.

As for parts so far, it all looks okay to me. But if you do what I just said above, we can make it even better!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Seems okay but what do you want this pc to do, or do you want anything else? ssd, fans, heatsink?

hey everyone,

thanks for the nice replies, for my budget i do not really want to go any higher than it is now.

here is a link for pcpartpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MrLVbv (they did not have the exact same case) 

some more info: i do not plan to overclock and want to save money on not buying an ssd (this is a viable upgrade for the future), also i live in the Netherlands and i am 15 years old.

i plan on using it for gaming (BF4, skyrim, grid, shadows of mordor, AC, Far cry 4 and many games to come)

i plan to buy from mycom (dutch vendor) so this build will cost around 652 euros without case and 700 euros with case

thanks for the help and have a nice day,

~max

What is your budget and where you gonna order (also dutch so I understand the websites)?

Edit: NVM i am blind

Mycom is really really limited in their stuff although they might be cheaper but when i am on my pc i am gonna check some stuff on other dutch hardware sellers.

What is your budget and where you gonna order (also dutch so I understand the websites)?

Edit: NVM i am blind

Mycom is really really limited in their stuff although they might be cheaper but when i am on my pc i am gonna check some stuff on other dutch hardware sellers.

i already figured out their offerings are limited, if you can name some websites i can take a look at i would be very grateful

~max

i already figured out their offerings are limited, if you can name some websites i can take a look at i would be very grateful

~max

Alternate is a super store same for 4launch and paradigit. 4launch has a 30day RMA policy meaning if the component dies or is dead on arrival you can send it back and you get a replacement without no whining. I use tweakers.net for the best prices on components.

Edit: Okey well checked it out on alternate and even though they are limited in their offers on parts they have some sick deals without a PSU I am already over the price you said you will pay for the full build without the case. I would only change the one stick RAM to possibly 2 sticks if you can do that.

Btw do AMD CPU's come with a stock cooler?

Alternate is a super store same for 4launch and paradigit. 4launch has a 30day RMA policy meaning if the component dies or is dead on arrival you can send it back and you get a replacement without no whining. I use tweakers.net for the best prices on components.

Edit: Okey well checked it out on alternate and even though they are limited in their offers on parts they have some sick deals without a PSU I am already over the price you said you will pay for the full build without the case. I would only change the one stick RAM to possibly 2 sticks if you can do that.

Btw do AMD CPU's come with a stock cooler?

thanks, i will definately look at them

what would be the added benefit of having 2 sticks instead on 1 and i think they do.

thanks, i will definately look at them

what would be the added benefit of having 2 sticks instead on 1 and i think they do.

Well it is usefull but not necessary.

Well it is usefull but not necessary.

isnt it more usefull to have 1x8 so i can add another 1x8 for 16gb later? tell me iff im overlooking something

hey guys, I did some research on stock cooler on fx-8350 and decided to go with fx-8320 and a hyper 212 evo, here is the new pcpartpicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6bY6yc

please tell me if it is an improvement or not

~Max

isnt it more usefull to have 1x8 so i can add another 1x8 for 16gb later? tell me iff im overlooking something

Nah if you are planning on this then it is fine and it is really not super more efficient then Dual it is just for certain stuff it might be handier and most dual channel 2 x 4 Gb sticks are nearly the price of one single stick.