Is double monitor worth it or ultrawide?

CaptainKoda

2560 x 1080 makes little sense to me, if you prefer the 21:9 then go ahead but at the same price range you can have 2560 x 1440 which is imho superior.

3440 x 1440 is a bit different story, the vertical resolution isn't as anemic. I can easily see myself liking the aspect ratio in that scenario. That resolution is already demanding to run and 4K and beyond only gets tougher. That said I'd still like a tiny bit more vertical lines.

A lot of games also fail to support arbitary resolutions and give you significant disadvantages when using anything but the ideal aspect ratio, forcing you to stretch the image or be content with the black bars.

Multiple monitors is nice, too, it's just nice to have everything extra thrown to the other screen.

Productivity only -> dual monitor

Gaming and productivity -> Ultrawide

I would have said the opposite actually. Having a full screen app or game and a movie on the other screen is great!

Obviously if you were looking to do an eyefinity or surround type thing ultrawide bezelless would be good, but i dont believe you specified much in the op

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

if cost is a factor (guessing it's not) then grab a couple of monitors, chop the corresponding bezels off and sit them reeeally close together.

Too much effort :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE