Question

Carnage

Is there any where I can check this Windows 8 key I have? They gave it to me but want to know if it works? They told me its from a dreamsparks account they had but want to make sure it does work.

Plus can I do like a giveaway here ?

You can do giveaways on the forum.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Is there any where I can check this Windows 8 key I have? They gave it to me but want to know if it works? They told me its from a dreamsparks account they had but want to make sure it does work.

Plus can I do like a giveaway here ?

You know they are not suppose to distribute dreamsparks account. Technically, as soon as the guy that sold/give you that key and is no longer a student, Microsoft can disable the key. So far, Microsoft isn't doing it. But the license agreement says that you need to uninstall Windows (and any other software got from there) if you are no longer part of Dreamspark (aka: no longer a student).

Also, not only you have the key, but the seller too.. all he has to do, is activate Windows with the key gave you, and now you'll be kick-ed out. So the key might work now, but who knows later on.

You know they are not suppose to distribute dreamsparks account. Technically, as soon as the guy that sold/give you that key and is no longer a student, Microsoft can disable the key. So far, Microsoft isn't doing it. But the license agreement says that you need to uninstall Windows (and any other software got from there) if you are no longer part of Dreamspark (aka: no longer a student).

Also, not only you have the key, but the seller too.. all he has to do, is activate Windows with the key gave you, and now you'll be kick-ed out. So the key might work now, but who knows later on.

But I didn't say he wasn't a student no more he is still in college and is a friend of mine.