Planning a new rig - $2500

Dollarhyde

1. I will skip the part where I am talking about enthusiasm and why do I want it like this because you don't want to read that much probably.

I am located in US and I am planning to spend $2500. I don't have it all right now but that is what I am planning. 

2. My aim is to get a very good PC to play games, a wide variety, mostly FPS and RPG. I will also use it for video editing and sometimes picture editing.

3. I will use a 1080p monitor for the first time, later I might to get a 4K monitor.

4. Peripherals I wouldn't worry about at this time. 

5. I am upgrading because I am saving money for this a quite a long time and I want to have a very smooth usage. I care about aesthetics, so I would later, after I finish my PC get some extra LED fans and lights. I would build a PC myself, the only part that I am concerned are parts. I need advice what to buy, the reasons behind those components that you would suggest. I am planning to get few of these parts on black Friday which is why I am posting it now. I have already bought a hybrid Hard drive. Components that I came up with are these:

Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper

PSU: Corsair HX850

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X99-GAMING 5

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k

Cooler: Swiftech H220-X

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Raid 0

HDD: Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB

GPU: EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers  :)

1. Budget & Location
You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim
What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors
How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals
Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

5. Why are you upgrading?
We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building  :)

Answer these questions, and I'm sure people will be happy to help; including myself.

if you really wanna spend all that moolah:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.98 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($218.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($459.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE eCard (2-Way SLI)  ($368.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($368.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2510.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-21 20:07 EST-0500

if you wanna max out any game @ 1080p w/ no worries and be able to upgrade to 4k:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($203.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($549.95 @ Directron)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1677.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-21 20:12 EST-0500

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Do you think that H110 would perform better than that switfech's? I was thinking for a long time about Dominator RAM but I am simply there spending a lot more money just for the aesthetics and nice LED's, while I could get similar performance with LPX. I was intentionally going to go with 970 because they are cheaper, but everyone that I know said just take the best graphics card that is available so you can run games... That is why I would go with a bit more expensive 980 and possibly later on add one more to SLI when one becomes too slow... That case looks nice. What is major difference between MSI's motherboard that you provided and the Gigabyte Gaming 5? Would it be better to go with two 250GB SSDs in RAID 0 or one 500GB? From the beginning few months even before this new platform came out, I thought to buy 4930k which was originally in Alienware systems, which is almost identical to 5930K which I kind of like, would that be a better choice or not?