Why didn't anyone tell me these existed?

Vitalius

I'm just ... ugh. These are awesome. I wish I knew about them sooner. Seriously.

http://store.xim3.com/XIM-EDGE_p_12.html

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I know someone in my Dorm that owns one. It's simple. You plug your Keyboard/Mouse into the box, then plug the box into the Console (Xbox 360 or PS3, depending on the brand), then you just play the game like normal with a keyboard/mouse. It sets the buttons and one joystick to keys, and the other joystick to a mouse.

It's a 1:1 ratio, so you don't lose any control because you are playing this way. You gain greater precision without a loss of control. It's epic.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

wow better dust off the old PS3 fire up an FPS and own them console players :)

should be great fun playing cod and other non graphic intensive games, since there are no hackers and all :)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Well, I wouldn't say "no" hackers.

My friend used to route his PS3 traffic through his PC to allow him to do whatever he wished on PSN. Not sure if they found a way to stop this, but he did this on MW2.

That's some pretty hardcore hacks though.

Still, you'd own console players with this. It's epic. I want one. $80-$100 wouldn't be so bad if a new gen of consoles weren't on the way and it would last. Oh well...

In fact, I've heard PSN used to ban people for using this, but I don't believe they do now. I'd imagine their reason would be "for an unfair advantage".

† Christian Member †

My friend used to route his PS3 traffic through his PC to allow him to do whatever he wished on PSN. Not sure if they found a way to stop this, but he did this on MW2.

Still, you'd own console players with this. It's epic. I want one. $80-$100 wouldn't be so bad if a new gen of consoles weren't on the way and it would last. Oh well...

In fact, I've heard PSN used to ban people for using this, but I don't believe they do now. I'd imagine their reason would be "for an unfair advantage".

what about the kid who has the headset that comes with the console and the person who gets a 200 headset. That's probably why they would stop banning people.

That makes sense. If a legitimate peripheral used the same interface as the XIM Edge to communicate with the console, they'd be banning people who weren't breaking any rules. Though I don't consider using a Keyboard/Mouse breaking rules, personally.

† Christian Member †

Ha ha certainly wished I had one of these when I played MW2 on my PS3 with my buddies, would've been awesome!

Didn't know something like that existed. They should do one for my PS One (jk)

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

If it were cheaper or if I knew it would be compatible with the next gen consoles I would buy one of these. Being a primarily PC gamer myself I usually only play Xbox so I can game with some other friends but this would be perfect.

Hm, Slick/Linus should do a unbox and use one of these for the 360 version of BF3 and comment on how much BF3 sucks on 360.

$90 to play on an Xbox / PS3? Uhm nty lol, In my country you can buy an Xbox for less than that :-/

I don't know if I would get this at the current price and it would be a bit awkward to use a keyboard and mouse on my couch.

I never heard of any good Keyboard/Mouse adaptors as the deadzones are all wrong for a mouse and keyboard with console games.

Sorry Guy I must of forgot to mention it.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Might do this on the next set of consoles if I pick them up, no longer play the ps3 or 360 though.