first 5min OC temp

is temp ok? CPU cooler is: Scythe Mugen 2 with a Scythe 2100 fan RPM

L6Utmd.png

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

Looks fine to me. Over 80C would be time to get worried.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do a 30 minute test and see where it stands.  If your computer crashes, tweak.  If the temps go over 80c, tweak.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Temps during a stress test dont really matter as long as you dont go over like 80 or 85, then you are shortening the life of your cpu drastically. The temps that matter are the ones you hit when you are actually playing games. During regular gameplay or idle you dont want to go over 70c, regardless of the application.

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61 

Temps during a stress test dont really matter as long as you dont go over like 80 or 85, then you are shortening the life of your cpu drastically. The temps that matter are the ones you hit when you are actually playing games. During regular gameplay or idle you dont want to go over 70c, regardless of the application.

Going over 85C doesn't do that much yet either. Going over 95C or over 100C, then we are talking about some possible damage. Keep in mind that Intels autoshutdown is defaulted at 105C. 85C is usually said to be max you want to see under stress because it still has headroom before overheating happens.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Going over 85C doesn't do that much yet either. Going over 95C or over 100C, then we are talking about some possible damage. Keep in mind that Intels autoshutdown is defaulted at 105C. 85C is usually said to be max you want to see under stress because it still has headroom before overheating happens.

Im just saying that temps during a stress test are kinda pointless, its more of monitoring so you dont melt anything. And i meant in my earlier post for 24/7 use i personally dont wanna see 70c or higher on my pc, which also happens to be intels listed temp that you shouldnt go over for 24/7 use. So i usually aim for a 24/7 max temp of about 60c, which is why im at 4.5 GHz and not the 4.7GHz i know i can do.

With the max temps shown for the topic being stress testing temps, he will probably only hit about 50c maybe even lower. If those were real world application max temps I would back off a bit.

Regardless of our little banter though, he is perfectly safe to continue pushing the cpu further.

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61