Recommended PSU?

trentklein

Hey everyone! I'm finally sick of my non-modular PSU now that my h440 was almost impossible to use. What do you all recommend for a modular PSU that's around 850watts with all black cables?? I was thinking the hale 90 v 2 but the 24 pin looks awful, unless all do??

EVGA Supernova G2 850W powersupply

its a really great powersupply

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Does colour scheme matter to you?

The Corsair HX 850 is on sale right now.  Link 1 is for US Newegg (if you're from US) and the 2nd from Canada

1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair+hx850&N=-1&isNodeId=1

2) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011&cm_re=hx850-_-17-139-011-_-Product

very highly reviewed PSU.  Good luck!

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Rm 850

nonononononononononon plzplzplz no, evga supernova G2 850

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Does colour scheme matter to you?

The Corsair HX 850 is on sale right now.  Link 1 is for US Newegg (if you're from US) and the 2nd from Canada

1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair+hx850&N=-1&isNodeId=1

2) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011&cm_re=hx850-_-17-139-011-_-Product

very highly reviewed PSU.  Good luck!

good price

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

Rm 850

I wouldn't buy the RM series since they use cheap Chinese Caps.  They've foregone the Japanese caps for some reason...

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

good price

I get a little upset that Canada features generally higher prices than the US.  Oh well.

nonononononononononon plzplzplz no, evga supernova G2 850

lol it's over used but there isnt anything wrong with it. i perfer the looks of it over the supernova

lol it's over used but there isnt anything wrong with it. i perfer the looks of it over the supernova

for the price, the quality is unacceptable.

I wouldn't buy the RM series since they use cheap Chinese Caps.  They've foregone the Japanese caps for some reason...

I was not aware of that. that's a stupid move of corsair's part lol

I get a little upset that Canada features generally higher prices than the US.  Oh well.

thats because i think 1 US dollar is about 60-70 canadian cents???

There is a guy that had an extraordinarily detailed review of why exactly and how exactly... forgive me for not being able to find it ATM.  I'll work on that...

To the guy recommending the Supernova 850, yes it's a great one.  But for the current sale price of the HX850 on newegg.com (not .ca) that is no longer a viable option in my own personal view.

There is a guy that had an extraordinarily detailed review of why exactly and how exactly... forgive me for not being able to find it ATM.  I'll work on that...

Ahh.  Here you go.  TO EVERYONE:

Why to NOT buy Corsair RM series:

Edit:

Shilka from Overclock.net presents his detailed and highly educated review:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

Forgive me for presenting misleading information...

It seems as though some of the Caps are Jap and some are Chinese.  Refer to the review link I posted above for a detailed review by Overclock.net member Shilka.

I was the first to introduce the RM dislike to the forum :P

Good to see people are going for the EVGA or other corsair models :)

yea i read that same review once i saw someone here in the forum say they didnt like it and when i see a corsair RM i just play dead and hope it doesn't find me

I was the first to introduce the RM dislike to the forum :P

Good to see people are going for the EVGA or other corsair models :)

Great.  Touche for being #1...

Forgive me for presenting misleading information...

It seems as though some of the Caps are Jap and some are Chinese.  Refer to the review link I posted above for a detailed review by Overclock.net member Shilka.

it says only the primary caps are japanese but all of the rest are chinese or taiwanese

it says only the primary caps are japanese but all of the rest are chinese or taiwanese

Despite information leading one to believe that Chinese CapMans are copying processes from reputable CapMans of the Japanese variety, and therefore making them more reliable, I would still caution one to find out for themselves and perhaps go with the tried, tested and reliable CapMans.

Edit:

Capacitor Manufacturers.

Evga g2 without a doubt. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Evga g2 without a doubt. 

Not with the HX850 being on sale for $139.99.  That's $50 off regular price.. hard to recommend something inferior for more money :)

Not with the HX850 being on sale for $139.99.  That's $50 off regular price.. hard to recommend something inferior for more money :)

Actually... I take that back.  G2 850 is on sale for $144.99 at the moment.